Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HeaterMeter 4.3 webpage timeout

TVWBB Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
    Yep. The heatermeter board, once programmed, doesn't need the raspberry pi to operate. The raspberry pi provides the web interface, configuration control and email + sms alerts to he heatermeter.

You'll notice that if you boot the heatermeter up with no sd card in the raspberry pi that you won't have any web interface.
    Ah that makes sense! Thanks Steve. I'll see if my WIFI started working. The original problem for this post is that my HeaterMeter stopped connecting reliably to my router. Will update this if there is still a problem. Thanks for the help!

Jeff

TVWBB Member
    OK I tried a new approach. I programmed an SD card and put it into a new Raspberry Pi 3B and attached that to my working HeaterMeter. It connected to my router and when I go to the devices page for HeaterMeter (http://heatermeter.com/devices/) I see it there, but it gives a timeout. I notived that the IP address is different now.

Is there some Firewall setting I need?

Jeff

TVWBB Platinum Member Bryan Mayland's Avatar
    There's no firewalling on the HeaterMeter at all, and if you're on the same network as the HeaterMeter, your router's firewall shouldn't be involved (since it only blocks things coming from the WAN side). The exception to this is of you have your wireless network set to "Client isolation" which prevents two devices on the wifi from being able to talk to each other entirely.

When you check the IP address of the device you're connecting from, is it on the same network as the HeaterMeter? (they have the same first 3 digits usually like 192.168.X.something, and X would also be the same between the two).
    I'm that HeaterMeter guy what ruins everybody's free time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12