Thread: Reynolds Wrap Pitmaster's Choice aluminum foil

Reynolds Wrap Pitmaster's Choice aluminum foil

Have you heard of Reynolds Wrap Pitmaster's Choice aluminum foil? It's almost 50% thicker than Heavy Duty foil.

TVWBB Pro
    Chris: I appreciate all the research you put into your video's, but if the Pitmaster's Choice is almost 50% thicker than normal foil wouldn't "double wrapping" the heavy duty foil we get at the stores be in the neighborhood of 50% thicker than Pitmaster's Choice?

I get my foil for less than $2 for a roll of 37.5 sf. Doubling my foil comes to $4, which is still cheaper than the $6 (or $8) you mentioned from Amazon plus no shipping charges.

I have to wonder if the target audience for this product are the professional BBQers?
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

Two layers of Heavy Duty foil together will measure 1.88 mil thick vs. 1 layer of Pitmaster's Choice measuring 1.40 mil. That's 34% thicker than Pitmaster's Choice. I don't know if two thin layers of foil have the same "structural integrity" as one thicker layer, even if not quite as thick.

Reading the comments on Amazon, some people prefer the durability (less tearing/puncturing) of the thicker material and ease of single wrapping vs. double wrapping. But it comes with a price. Not for everyone, obviously, and probably something I won't buy again.

There's a saying ...That there's more fisherman caught by new lures than there are fish lol...Sell it and they will buy it.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    A member on the Kamado Guru forum asked about this foil, another member, not me, posted Chris' video.
    https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/386...comment-493228

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Thanks for the review Chris. I wouldn't have a need for that 99% of the time although I do occasionally double wrap with HD foil and that works fine for my needs.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    If I'm going to buy it I need it to say "Pitmaster's Choice" on the box. "Super Strength" won't cut it. I need my wife to know that this is MAN FOIL and not to be used for any other endeavors.
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    YEAAAAHH! You tell them Dustin!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

I sometimes have an issue when I wrap ribs. Occasionally, a bone will poke through th foil. I wonder if this would help?
    Vern
    Nothing but Weber equipment: Performer Grill , 18.5" WSM

^^^That sounds like what it was designed to do.

BD