Hello from Panama City, Florida

JPetermann

TVWBB Member
Just wanted to stop in and say Hi (and thanks to all) before drafting my first photo post from a cook this past weekend. I've been a long time viewer/lurker and finally a first time poster. I must say that the endless array of mouth-watering posts and on this board over the years (combined with the obvious knowledge, passion and confidence for Weber grills/smokers by its members) were ultimately the reason I forwent another Oklahoma Joe's and pulled the trigger on a new Weber Performer Deluxe. So thanks for the advice and inspiration to not only become a proud Weber-owner, but for also lighting that fire under me (pun intended) to sign up and begin sharing cooks.

Looking forward to being a part of this well-diversified and talented group of Weber-loving charcoal chefs (no disrespect to the gassers) and weekend warriors. Cheers! ~ Jeff

:maroonkettle: + :blackperformer: = my new baby (maroon Performer emoji not available)

Welcome aboard, Jeff! Glad you finally decided to join the forum, it's a great group of friendly folks.

Welcome to our addiction Jeff!
When I joined this group in 1983, my brain was not BBQ developed yet...
and now today, three-thousand, 144 days later, I can honestly say, I know exactly what i'm doing around Weber grills and smokers.

Welcome to our addiction Jeff!
When I joined this group in 1983, my brain was not BBQ developed yet...
and now today, three-thousand, 144 days later, I can honestly say, I know exactly what i'm doing around Weber grills and smokers.

Hi, Jim...and thanks for the welcoming. I have perused this site off and on for years, taking in the great visuals and trying to soak up some knowledge from this talented group. However, I didn't have a Weber then and didn't feel right joining a forum without actually being an owner. So after seeing so many of you swear by these grills, I finally took the plunge and gave it a shot. And I have to say that I'm quite pleased I did. I'm truly enjoying the new Performer and already have my eye on a WSM in the near future.

I'm also a little older now and life has settled to a point where I'm able to spend more time around the grill improving my cooks and learning new ones. I remember seeing your Pigvillion for the first time and thinking, "Man! Now that's the way it's done! I need one of those!". Between your overall set up, precise execution and the occasional background snow (I'm originally from Iowa, so I can relate), I was not only impressed with your tactics, techniques and procedures...but also enjoyed the brief window back into that part of the country. I'd say keep up the good work, but it's evident that you already have that under control. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Jim. Prost!

Geez, Jeff... thank you a bunch!
I hope you find this joint interesting enough to stick around & turn yourself into an old timer fart like many of us are enjoying...

Keep the embers glowing!

Back