Heritage Pork Chops

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
We headed home on Saturday and wanted something special our last night there. We like to do pork chops at least once while we’re down there. Went to the butcher shop to see what they had. We were pleased to see a nice selection of Marin Sun Heritage pork chops. They were pricy but we decided to go for it. We weren’t disappointed and will do it again next trip. Anyway, here’s cook number four on our trip.

Here’s our purchase. 2.24 lbs. total weight. They were about 1 ½ inches thick.

enhance

As mentioned, a little pricy.

enhance

A couple of reds.

enhance

Salt and pepper only.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Finished off the chops on the cooler side of grate.

enhance

Plated up.

enhance

I can't say enough about this pork. It was moist, juicy and a rich, wonderful flavor. On our next trip, we'll be driving over to Pt. Reyes to visit their Butcher Shop and Restaurant. Hope everyone is having a good week. Thanks for looking.

Looks tasty. Yes, pricey but it's a special treat once in a while to find out just what pork is supposed to taste like :D

Chops look fantastic, Cliff! We need to send some of these to Bob C to restore his faith! :)

R

Gorgeous chops Cliff, It's sad that's the price it takes to get pork with great flavor instead of the dry tasteless chops in the local markets. But I'm sure it was worth it.

Back