Here is a nice one...

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Clearing my brain after finishing another tax return...Ran across this one on Craigslist:

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/col/for/d/weber-genesis-gas-bbq-grill/6560085880.html

Listed at $325. I am not interested, but it is a very sharp and uncommon color and in amazing condition for 9 years old in Florida. It will be interesting to see if someone will spring for that much $ for one of these.

Here's one picture for when the ad goes offline:

xc39ch.jpg

I love the color and it looks like a bit more cleaning and it would be really nice looking. But, yah, I don't think this would be a good buy/sell flip situation. It is already priced high in the used grill category.

It would make somebody a really nice personal use grill. (I sure don't need any more of those:eek:!) I have mentioned a few times, but I especially like this model. While it has the same potential cart problems as the newer 300s, I like that it is more like a classic Weber with the old-style burner layout, including the "crossover" tube. When we got our newer style 330SE my son said, "What happened to that little hole where you can light it with a lighter?" As the ad indicates, this older style can still be lit this simple, effective way so that you are not hostage to electric starters.

The fact that this one is a very unusual brick red makes it that much more special. Not to start that conversation again:rolleyes:!

Yeah that is a nice color and those are the last of what I consider the "good" grills even the dreaded (to some of you) cabinet looks like a decent cleaning, sanding and hitting it with an etching primer, maybe some Rust Encapsulator sprayed into nooks and crannies will clean up nicely

Back