Greetings from the Great White North

GPlummer

Hello and thank you for adding me to the community.

I've only recently developed an addiction to Weber kettles. Picked up a 2001 Performer SS a couple of months ago and have now added Jumbo Joe portable and an 18.5" OSG - all found for under $20. I loves me a good bargain.

The family is loving the switch to charcoal. My Weber Genesis gasser is feeling neglected.

Enjoying all the great tips and tricks I'm finding here. Thanks for all of the great information.

Cheers

You got some great deals there! I dunno...I love my gasser as well as my WSM. I have a kettle but don't use it much. I believe using the right tool for the job at hand and sometimes a gasser is just right...esp. weeknights when you want to do something like a beer can chicken quickly and easily. I have limited space and often find the kettle to be a bit of a hassle and takes longer to get going. I use the WSM on weekends when I have a lot of time and want to do something low and slow, like Pork Butt. But if the charcoal is working for you and the family is loving it, then that's the way to go!! Never been to BC but lived in Buffalo, NY and made many trips across the border into Ontario. Beautiful country up there and love the wineries and also love Niagara-on-the-Lake.

Back