Grilled Marinated Chicken Breasts

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I kind of built this cook around the marinade. The breasts, one huge and the other not so huge, were in the marinade for around 9 hours. Before getting them on the grill I had planned to do a grilled sweet potato and scallion salad. I got hung up while watching the Giants game and let the potatoes go too long on the grill and they were completely done when I checked them. I wanted to catch them when they were almost done so I could cube them and finish grilling later for the salad. Decided to abort the salad and I just mashed them along with some grilled onions, salt and pepper. Finally I did a few bacon wrapped asparagus spears to round things out. Here's the cook.

Potatoes on earlier.

enhance

Prepped the asparagus.

enhance

Got them grilled.

enhance

The marinade consisted of evoo, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, dried rosemary, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper and garlic powder. After the soak got them on the grill.

enhance

enhance

The big one needed about 10 more minutes.

enhance

enhance

Plated.

enhance

enhance

Haven't had chicken breasts in a while. We've been kind of fixated on leg quarters and thighs. It was nice for a change. The marinade was fantastic and will be doing it again. Will take another try at the sweet potato and scallion salad down the road. Happy hump day everyone and thanks for looking.

That's a great looking cook Cliff. Barb and I have been doing thighs and quarters too for quite awhile. I think it was Safeway had chicken on sale for $.87 a pound including bone in breast which is unusual. pick up a couple of packages of breasts along with the thighs.
Did the same meal you did except no bacon on the spears, winged the marinade and it came out really good.

Back