The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Water pan cover

TVWBB Fan
    Sorry I won’t post the same thing to more than one forum again. I’m like the silicone idea more and more. First of all I use a lot of foil cover my 18.5. I can’t even imagine trying to foil the 22.5 one. No matter how much I foil I still get leaks in the water pan. And it’s a huge pain. So make a silicone pan that goes around the water pan. And what could be easier than cleaning a silicone liner? Juse hose it off. Or put in laundry sink. I wouldn’t recommend putting in regular sink into garbage disposal. I suppose for people up north where you turn off your water in the winter it may not be as easy to clean. But still I think a lot easier than the foil. And you don’t have to buy all that foil.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Prior to following this thread I didn't realize anyone who uses water also covered the inside of their pan. Does junk bake on a pan that is filled with water?

I don't generally line the inside of the pan with foil if I'm using water. There's usually enough leftover water and grease that it cleans up pretty easily. I only line the inside when cooking without water.

Speaking of water pans, I've got one waiting for me in the backyard that needs to be dumped and cleaned...later!

TVWBB Fan
    I have found that it gets a pretty grimy in there and is annoying to clean up. A silicone cover I think would be awesome.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    My opinion:

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    My opinion:
    December 31, 2016 (found from my log) was my first time using a WSM with a dry water pan. Ever since, that method just happened to work beautifully for my personal taste. Until last weekend when doing my first ham I---for some unknown reason---put water in the pan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234