The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping

Thread: Why is MSRP so high on the Weber website?

Why is MSRP so high on the Weber website?

I was looking at WSM's on the Weber (US) website and thought I struck a deal when I saw $349 MSRP. But when I clicked it, it was the 18". the 22" is $499 on their website. Is there going to be an increase in price coming? Or has it always been like this?

Here is the link: https://www.weber.com/US/en/grills/s...-cooker-series
    Weber Genesis Silver B , Green Weber Q1200 (The Turtle)

Mike as far as I know it has always been like this. For example. When the 14 WSM first came out the MSRP was (and still is) 219, but most brick and mortar stores and online outlets sell them for 199. As for the WSM you can figure 199 for the 14, 299 for the 18 and 399 for the 22. I believe that there is a minimum price Weber retailers can sell for (except clearance and brick and mortar stores) so it is unlikely you will find a better price listed above on line. Hope that answers your questions

Something's not right, cause you can get a better deal on Amazon and support this site.
    http://virtualweberbullet.com/shopping.html

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Flavell View Post
    Mike as far as I know it has always been like this. For example. When the 14 WSM first came out the MSRP was (and still is) 219, but most brick and mortar stores and online outlets sell them for 199. As for the WSM you can figure 199 for the 14, 299 for the 18 and 399 for the 22. I believe that there is a minimum price Weber retailers can sell for (except clearance and brick and mortar stores) so it is unlikely you will find a better price listed above on line. Hope that answers your questions
    Thanks for the answer. I was just nervous that where was going to be a price increase soon. I've been debating whether or not to get a WSM and if there was going to be a $100 increase on the 22" I would've pulled the trigger. I guess I'll go back to debating if I should get one or not!
    Weber Genesis Silver B , Green Weber Q1200 (The Turtle)

Mike, prices don't go down! You can't enjoy the WSM if you haven't bought it. Enjoy life, NOW. Buy today and smoke tomorrow.

Mark

HELP, I'm falling!

Well...if the price of steel begins to creep up, as is already being reported by some, perhaps Weber will have to increase prices. We'll see...but I would buy now!

14.5" WSM

18.5" WSM

22.5" WSM

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Iím glad I got mine when I did, what Chris says is absolutely true, trade wars drive everyoneís prices up! Glad I got a car last year!
    Letís see, where are these products made? Sad but true.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett