Accessories for Genesis E-330

Hello everyone,
I am in Australia and looking at buying a Genesis E-330, which is available as a run out model for a limited time.
My question is are the the accessories that are available for the Genesis II models compatible with the Genesis E-330 model. I am specifically thinking of the plates and Gourmet BBQ systems.
I much prefer the E-330..seems better value for $'s than the newer models. I think I would be paying a lot more to simply get some different bells and whistles. Also I am not a fan of the open cart style .. reminds me of my first BBQ's from 30 years ago.
Many thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum!

I believe you will find that the Genesis 300 series grills, are different in grate size than all of the Genesis II grills (including the 3-burner one). I don't believe Weber even makes a Gourmet BBQ system grate for the new Genesis II grills. However, you can still get the grate and inserts for the earlier Genesis 300 series grills.

Is there any other accessory that you are looking for that is being advertised for the new Genesis II for which you would hope to have a 300 series option?

Jon

I think the redesign up to Genesis II is fairly substantial and won't allow for many accessories to be carried over. That being said, I rather enjoy my open cart 25 year old Genesis 1000. I have a Genesis E310 in my garage waiting to be cleaned up, but I wouldn't think of trading my Genesis 1000 for it. Just my preference.

If you are still able to find an E300 new, I am sure it is going to be for a good deal and I would probably go that route as well. I would think there is still a good selection of E300 accessories available as well.

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum!

I believe you will find that the Genesis 300 series grills, are different in grate size than all of the Genesis II grills (including the 3-burner one). I don't believe Weber even makes a Gourmet BBQ system grate for the new Genesis II grills. However, you can still get the grate and inserts for the earlier Genesis 300 series grills.

Is there any other accessory that you are looking for that is being advertised for the new Genesis II for which you would hope to have a 300 series option?

Jon

Thanks for the welcome Jon .. I had a feeling the Genesis II would be different. Here in Australia, on the Weber site, I couldn't see the grates for the E330, but maybe I just didn't look hard enough.
I am yet to buy the E330..probably next week, so haven't anything specific in mind yet. I guess I am a bit concerned that I might buy this model and then find I can't get specific accessories for it. But I guess that aside from the grill plates, not too many model specific accessories.
Thanks for the reply
cheers Steve

Thanks Bruce.. not sure if the 1000 was a model that was available here in Australia..they seem popular still over there in the US.
I will probably pick up the E330 next week
Cheers Steve

G'day Mate!

I have a Genesis II E-310 and the plates are not compatible with the Genesis E-330 as far as I know. That's probably the same for the gourmet bbq system as well. If you really want the best grates for your E-330 then check out RCPlanebuyer on ebay (US) and I believe, IMO, he makes the best grates and bars for the E-330 although I don't know if he'll be able to ship them to the Land Down Under. Oh and welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome Jon .. I had a feeling the Genesis II would be different. Here in Australia, on the Weber site, I couldn't see the grates for the E330, but maybe I just didn't look hard enough.
I am yet to buy the E330..probably next week, so haven't anything specific in mind yet. I guess I am a bit concerned that I might buy this model and then find I can't get specific accessories for it. But I guess that aside from the grill plates, not too many model specific accessories.
Thanks for the reply
cheers Steve

Steve,

Here is a link to the US Weber site that shows the grate you can purchase for the older Genesis 300 Series (including the 330). It specifically mentions that it does NOT fit the new Genesis II. Maybe with this link you can find out how to get the same part down under;)!

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/gourmet-bbq-system/cooking-grates-9

Like Bruce, a lot of us on TVWBB are big fans of the even older Genesis 1000 grills :redgenesis1: (which may have had a different name in Australia). Weber (US) also offers a GBS grate that is marketed for the Spirit 300 but which will also fit in the older Genesis 1000 (same grate size). So, if you are a fan of the Gourmet Barbecue System, you can have it AND the simple, classic beauty of the first Genesis grills. Here is a link for that one from grillparts.com (Weber also has it on their US site):

http://www.grillparts.com/weber/2013_Spirit_300.asp?product_id=7586

Last edited:
Reply to Sam

G'day Mate!

I have a Genesis II E-310 and the plates are not compatible with the Genesis E-330 as far as I know. That's probably the same for the gourmet bbq system as well. If you really want the best grates for your E-330 then check out RCPlanebuyer on ebay (US) and I believe, IMO, he makes the best grates and bars for the E-330 although I don't know if he'll be able to ship them to the Land Down Under. Oh and welcome to the forum!

Hi there Sam... thanks for the reply, and the warm welcome to the forum. It is becoming clear that what I get with the E-330 will be all I will be able to get in the future. But that's ok. The E-330 seems pretty capable, and I can't see a valid reason to spend more on the Genesis II. I will check out your suggested Ebay site..it will give me some ideas. I may be able to source similar products elsewhere.

I am pretty sure I will be able to do some good cooking without too many gadgets.

How are you finding your Genesis E-310? I considered it, but don't really like the open cart style (although I have read some really good reasons for why that style is better than the enclosed cabinet system.

Anyway thanks again, and cheers mate
Steve

Steve,

Here is a link to the US Weber site that shows the grate you can purchase for the older Genesis 300 Series (including the 330). It specifically mentions that it does NOT fit the new Genesis II. Maybe with this link you can find out how to get the same part down under;)!

https://www.weber.com/US/en/accessories/gourmet-bbq-system/cooking-grates-9

Like Bruce, a lot of us on TVWBB are big fans of the even older Genesis 1000 grills :redgenesis1: (which may have had a different name in Australia). Weber (US) also offers a GBS grate that is marketed for the Spirit 300 but which will also fit in the older Genesis 1000 (same grate size). So, if you are a fan of the Gourmet Barbecue System, you can have it AND the simple, classic beauty of the first Genesis grills. Here is a link for that one from grillparts.com (Weber also has it on their US site):

http://www.grillparts.com/weber/2013_Spirit_300.asp?product_id=7586

Awesome Jon....some great information!!!! I will go and do some reading

Cheers
Steve

Hi there Sam... thanks for the reply, and the warm welcome to the forum. It is becoming clear that what I get with the E-330 will be all I will be able to get in the future. But that's ok. The E-330 seems pretty capable, and I can't see a valid reason to spend more on the Genesis II. I will check out your suggested Ebay site..it will give me some ideas. I may be able to source similar products elsewhere.

I am pretty sure I will be able to do some good cooking without too many gadgets.

How are you finding your Genesis E-310? I considered it, but don't really like the open cart style (although I have read some really good reasons for why that style is better than the enclosed cabinet system.

Anyway thanks again, and cheers mate
Steve

Hey Steve,

The Genny II E-310 is a nice grill and I've cooked on it a couple of times but if I didn't get it for the price that I got it for then I would never have bought it because the suggested retail price for that grill is way too much for what it is. My daily driver is a rehabbed Genny 1000 a.k.a. Baby Blue and I like cooking on that more than the Genny II due to the burner set up (I prefer the EW burners as opposed to the NS setup) and I believe it'll be easier to clean/maintain. I think you'll like the E-330 due to the fact that it does have a closed cart and there are more aftermarket parts right now for that grill (e.g. 304 s.s. grates/bars, gourmet cooking system) than the Genny II. As a matter of fact I haven't seen any aftermarket parts yet for the Genny II in terms of grates/bars/heat deflectors.

Hey Steve,

The Genny II E-310 is a nice grill and I've cooked on it a couple of times but if I didn't get it for the price that I got it for then I would never have bought it because the suggested retail price for that grill is way too much for what it is. My daily driver is a rehabbed Genny 1000 a.k.a. Baby Blue and I like cooking on that more than the Genny II due to the burner set up (I prefer the EW burners as opposed to the NS setup) and I believe it'll be easier to clean/maintain. I think you'll like the E-330 due to the fact that it does have a closed cart and there are more aftermarket parts right now for that grill (e.g. 304 s.s. grates/bars, gourmet cooking system) than the Genny II. As a matter of fact I haven't seen any aftermarket parts yet for the Genny II in terms of grates/bars/heat deflectors.

Yep the Genesis II system seems way overpriced. I am sure it is good gear, but everything I need is in the E330. And I have just heard back from Weber customer service, and all the accessories I want are still available for the E330. So life is good.

I am thinking about finding a second hand kettle and doing it up as a project ...seems to be the thing to do :)

Once again thanks for your feedback and input.
cheers from downunder
Steve

Back