Welcome to WSM Smoke Day 14: May 26, 2018

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
8ZduhmG.jpg

Hi everyone,

It's time once again for WSM Smoke Day! As is our custom, we'll be celebrating the 14th installment of WSM Smoke Day on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend, May 26, 2018. Of course, you can plan your Smoke Day celebration for any day before, during, or after Memorial Day Weekend depending on your schedule.

Each year I like to give credit where credit is due. WSM Smoke Day was the brainchild of TVWBB member Joel Kiess. He suggested the event as a way for WSM owners to share their enthusiasm for the Weber smoker and for cooking barbecue. The idea is simple: use this forum to discuss what you'll be barbecuing on Smoke Day, cook it and photograph it on Smoke Day, and discuss and share your photos here for all to see!

And don't forget to order your WSM Smoke Day 14 t-shirt available in many colors and sizes.

So start planning for WSM Smoke Day 14! I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone celebrates this year! :wsm:

Best,
Chris

Thank You Again! Joel and Chris for inventing/hosting this AWESOME event!
We look forward to it EVERY YEAR! With Much Enthusiasm!

However, the annual Smoke Day in Raymond will be postpone this year, and I am very sad (mad) that it will be.

Glad, because our old beat-up rotten old deck will be replaced FINALLY...
but upset the landscaping company doing the project will not start until the 22nd of May and will not finish until the 8th or 9th of June.
I am expecting the entire area surrounding the P1Gvilion to be gone on the 26th...

Still, I will smoke something somewhere on my property....

...haven't come up with a replacement date, but we're looking at June 23rd or July 21st as possibilities...
May have some "custom" Smoke Day shirts made for this year....

I am looking for my first Smoke Day this year. I'll be making brisket on the WSM and ribs and chicken on the kettle.

long time lurker here in n missouri. I am posting this morning after starting the 1st pork butts of the season in my 18". waiting for the temp to rise and normalize. weather permitting i will be smoking briskets for Smoke Day.

long time lurker here in n missouri. I am posting this morning after starting the 1st pork butts of the season in my 18". waiting for the temp to rise and normalize. weather permitting i will be smoking briskets for Smoke Day.
First post after lurking for four years. Wow! Welcome! :D

Figured Ill make my first post right here. I have always wanted a smoker for years but never bit the bullet. Well i finally bit the bullet and since i really enjoy my two weber gas grills i went with a wsm22.5. Picked it up over the weekend. Did my burn off on saturday and went to The butcher and grabbed some 3/4" bacon slices to start my seasoning. Sorry for rambling ill get to the point. I like this smoke day idea you guys have. Being a holiday weekend do we have to make smoke day only one day this weekend? Or can it be the whole weekend? I got something planned for everyday this weekend. From my little experience so far im glad i chose this smoker

Being a holiday weekend do we have to make smoke day only one day this weekend? Or can it be the whole weekend? I got something planned for everyday this weekend.
I like your enthusiasm! In theory, EVERY day can be Smoke Day! But your annual Smoke Day celebration can be just May 26 or any single day before or after that depending on your schedule, or the entire Memorial Day weekend if you want!

Make sure to post photos showing what you cooked: https://tvwbb.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_postphoto

First time poster. I will be celebrating Smoke Day on Sunday May 27 with some baby back ribs on my 22" WSM. My first smoke this year was 5 whole chickens, each cut in half for a group of Beavers and their parents at our spring camp.

Up in Poconos again over holiday weekend and smoking on my Smokey Joe Jr build. As last time it runs a little hot and need to monitor but just pulled off Short Ribs from 2 hour smoke and are now braising in red wine. Roasted potatoes, veggies, salad and basil shrimp to accompany. CAN'T WAIT!!

Happy holiday to all.

Will try to post pics if not too busy eating (drinking).

Back