Smoked Brats :)

Gene Brownson

TVWBB All-Star
I have to apologize in advance, no pics

I smoked some BBR’s and threw a few brats on there which I’ve done for a few times now. Only my second rack of BBR’s and not the best, probably out of my groove with them as I’ve cooked several SR’s with much success. But I must say the star of the show was Toni’s tater concoction and the chocolate pie with a neck n neck with the taters was the brats. I think it’s my favorite way to do and eat them. Skin always has a great snap, little grease if any and big taste. I highly recommend the best time you do a smoke low and slow, treat yourself to some brats as a appetizer you won’t be disappointed.

I hope everyone had a great weekend/holiday.

No apology needed Gene, no pics, no calories. :)
Toni's taters & pie, along with your brats, sound delicious!
BBR's can be a PAIN! Very easy to dry out due to the lean loin meat.

~45 minutes? That's about my favorite way to do brats.....I know they're done when the juices start to simmer under the skin. I've been doing beer/pepper/onion hot tubs (or sauerkraut) too.

I'm with Clint -- about 45 low and slow. on a warm flour tortilla with mustard and kraut (some shredded carrot and a tiny pinch of cinnamon in the kraut). Brat Heaven.

Jeff

~45 minutes? That's about my favorite way to do brats.....I know they're done when the juices start to simmer under the skin. I've been doing beer/pepper/onion hot tubs (or sauerkraut) too.

No I left them on for like 2 hours or more, every time I put them on when I smoke em.

We enjoy the beer bath too. Wifey is part polish so, kielbasa and crout are a fav around here. :)

I’ve been trying my hardest to avoid the carbs, Sunday is fun day around here but try to keep it reined in, easy to get carried away for me as I love to eat :) so I’ve been in the habit of just cutting them into slices and dipping in my favorite hot mustard.

I’m with you Gene,
I’ve got to be careful about carbs too so, since mustard has virtually none, I’m a slice and dip fan too! Especially now that I have my John Wayne toothpick dispenser!!

Back