Happy Easter

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
Happy Easter to one and all.

12 lb Easter Ham on the Genny 1000.

8ftNNBk.jpg

Hope everyone had a good one tell you a story.

I had relatives out of town and my 2 daughters from college were in one is engaged. My wife asked the girls what did the want for Easter dinner. The answer mom we want your spaghetti, meatballs and sausage my wife makes the sauce from scratch recipe from my Italian mom pretty great job for a Southern Girl. Sauce simmered Sat for 5 or 6 hours with the sausages and meatballs. Reheat on Sunday slice those sausages with a fork came out great.

So my future son in law very strange eating selections does not eat spaghetti and meatballs so we got him a flat iron steak warmed up the 1000 had to run out quick for some hard bread with rosemary and garlic to make garlic bread told him I would cook his steak when I got back. I got back he had cooked his steak he is a guy after all no need to wait for me.

He loves that redhead its just not us older guys who love the looks and the way it cooks he is 26 I had told him when they get a house down the road that grill was going to them. After dinner I looked out on the deck the grill was already covered so this is a similar story Larry had good kid he wants to make sure that thing is in the same shape as it is now when he gets it.

Brian

Sounds like he is taking care of the grill that is soon to be his. Good story.

Hey Brian, GREAT story:)!

I think it is a cool thing to pass on the legacy of classic Weber’s and the joy of restoration to another generation. So far my sons don’t seem interested. I think they might be if there was an app for that:eek:.

Yep that red head appears to be a treasured possession for the SIL and my daughter. He bought a brand new Weber cover for it, he keeps it clean, always talking about how wonderful it is. I still have to fix that side burner for him though.

My daughter is engaged and the SIL is a great guy. He seems really interested in all the grills I have around and my grilling, but they live in a stupid apartment complex which doesn't allow gas or coal burner grills. Otherwise I would be putting together a really nice one for them.

Yeah I know that for sure (I had one). I used it a few times and it worked "OK" but yeah not like a true "flame" grill but better than nothing. I sold mine on FLeaBay as I could not justify owning it.

I use one for camping. Just easier to plug it in and not have to worry about propane. Plus, I get to use the campground electricity. But, I definitely prefer the Q100 I have on the back deck over the Q140.

Back