Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's one for Mr Curtis: Spam Spaghetti!

TVWBB Olympian
    Just about anything goes good with spaghetti. We hardly use much sauce at all, just a taste. So spam goes well with noodles anytime.

TVWBB Pro
    Haven't tried SPAM in spaghetti...(probably won't either), but more than a couple of times I've smoked SPAM.

I slice it (lengthwise) into 8 slices and dust it with butt rub. I re-stack it (like it is when it comes out of a can) and push 2 wooden skewers through the stack to hold it together. Then I slide the slices apart for about a 1/2" spacing between them.
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

TVWBB Olympian
    Interesting. Will smoke my next spam that way. I'm of course a spam nut. I find that I'm really liking the peppered spam for most things. Has to be the original for making spam musubi though.

Malasadas

Quote Originally Posted by George Curtis View Post
    Interesting. Will smoke my next spam that way. I'm of course a spam nut. I find that I'm really liking the peppered spam for most things. Has to be the original for making spam musubi though.
    here's another one for you:

https://www.cookscountry.com/recipes...ign=ccfacebook

junk?

Maybe it is because I made donuts at Mr Donut during high school, but these Malasadas look like something that I will have to try. Thanks Clint!

Please post if you do

Wanna take the malasadas up a notch? Fill them with either chocolate, custard, peanut butter, a fruit filling, or Nutella and you got a winner! Coating them with powdered sugar instead of regular sugar works as well. Mayn I miss Leonard's back in Hawaii...
    (with blue lid, a.k.a. Baby Blue) (22.5 in. Kettle premium) (Genesis II E-310) (Genesis Platinum C with Genesis 5000 lid)

Just about anything goes good with spaghetti. We hardly use much sauce at all, just a taste. So spam goes well with noodles anytime.
    Yup, Spam goes well with rice anytime as well. McD's in Hawaii sells spam, eggs and rice for breakfast. Just remember SPAM stands for Sizzle Pork And Mmmmm...
    (with blue lid, a.k.a. Baby Blue) (22.5 in. Kettle premium) (Genesis II E-310) (Genesis Platinum C with Genesis 5000 lid)

TVWBB Olympian
    yup, leonards was just down the road from my shop. but to be honest, even a great thing gets tiring when over consumed ! when I was there, mcd's sold portugese sausage, rice and eggs. was a staple for me back then.
    George
    Can't live without spam

yup, leonards was just down the road from my shop. but to be honest, even a great thing gets tiring when over consumed ! when I was there, mcd's sold portugese sausage, rice and eggs. was a staple for me back then.
    Yup and I believe mcd's still sells the portugese sausage, eggs and rice platter and I think they're also still selling saimin (ramen) which tastes pretty good IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12