Here's one for Mr Curtis: Spam Spaghetti!

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
https://rasamalaysia.com/spam-spaghetti/

spam-spaghetti1.jpg

But i am not Italian, and in this house almost anything goes in or spagetti, lamb,chicken, sauage. Never tried spam but i bet it has a different flavor. Hunts is ok for a base it is what you put into it that makes the sauce.

If you start your gravy (sauce to you non Italians) with poor quality it ends up poor quality. Starting with premium tomato products gives a MUCH better result. We use either a brand called "6 in 1" or another I like is Cento San Marzano tomatoes. Of course if I can start with home grown Roma tomatoes so much the better.

If you start your gravy (sauce to you non Italians) with poor quality it ends up poor quality. Starting with premium tomato products gives a MUCH better result. We use either a brand called "6 in 1" or another I like is Cento San Marzano tomatoes. Of course if I can start with home grown Roma tomatoes so much the better.

Love certified San Marzano tomatoes, they make a world of difference in the final product.

I started my gravy/sauce early yesterday. Browned a rump roast in my DO and added 4 cans of Cento's, garlic,onions, herbs &spices and some vino. Let that go all day in a 275d oven.
Pulled the roast ( it was butter) and used that for baked Mostaciolli.
I get the Hunt's or Raguu thing for folks that want a quick weekday dinner, but on the weekends I like to take my time.

Tim

Ha ha ha, laughing my butt off. Just love the list. One mentions spam with spaghetti and the replies are all about sauce ! Yes, I have had spam with spaghetti and it was a bottled sauce. Thanks for showing me that !

Ha ha ha, laughing my butt off. Just love the list. One mentions spam with spaghetti and the replies are all about sauce ! Yes, I have had spam with spaghetti and it was a bottled sauce. Thanks for showing me that !

:) I'd eat it but it'd have to be grilled or fried.

It's been long enough since I went on my Spam musubi kick, I might have to try it again!

As for the tomatoes, I'll definitely try the San Marzanos, I see them at most stores around me but I don't think I've tried them - I've always picked the Granato's (local importing company) cans next to them.

Just about anything goes good with spaghetti. We hardly use much sauce at all, just a taste. So spam goes well with noodles anytime.

Haven't tried SPAM in spaghetti...(probably won't either), but more than a couple of times I've smoked SPAM.

I slice it (lengthwise) into 8 slices and dust it with butt rub. I re-stack it (like it is when it comes out of a can) and push 2 wooden skewers through the stack to hold it together. Then I slide the slices apart for about a 1/2" spacing between them.

Interesting. Will smoke my next spam that way. I'm of course a spam nut. I find that I'm really liking the peppered spam for most things. Has to be the original for making spam musubi though.

Maybe it is because I made donuts at Mr Donut during high school, but these Malasadas look like something that I will have to try. Thanks Clint!

Wanna take the malasadas up a notch? Fill them with either chocolate, custard, peanut butter, a fruit filling, or Nutella and you got a winner! Coating them with powdered sugar instead of regular sugar works as well. Mayn I miss Leonard's back in Hawaii...

Just about anything goes good with spaghetti. We hardly use much sauce at all, just a taste. So spam goes well with noodles anytime.

Yup, Spam goes well with rice anytime as well. McD's in Hawaii sells spam, eggs and rice for breakfast. Just remember SPAM stands for Sizzle Pork And Mmmmm...

yup, leonards was just down the road from my shop. but to be honest, even a great thing gets tiring when over consumed ! when I was there, mcd's sold portugese sausage, rice and eggs. was a staple for me back then.

yup, leonards was just down the road from my shop. but to be honest, even a great thing gets tiring when over consumed ! when I was there, mcd's sold portugese sausage, rice and eggs. was a staple for me back then.

Yup and I believe mcd's still sells the portugese sausage, eggs and rice platter and I think they're also still selling saimin (ramen) which tastes pretty good IMO.

Back