Red Robin's Camp Fire Sauce

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
We really like RR's onion rings and their camp fire sauce.
A few years back I asked our waitress what was in it, she said mayo and bbq sauce.
I've made it a lot since then, and it's a great dip/sauce.
Found a bottle of it at the store today and had to take a pic of the ingredient list. :rolleyes:

THATS why I try to make as much as I can with simple ingredients. Breads, sauces, Bob's bacon etc. Barb even makes the pups dog biscuits.
That list is the biggest I think I've ever seen. How do you get to where you mix chicken fat and Whiskey! Contains soy, fish, wheat, milk and eggs....... seriously! :confused:

Most of the ingredients come from their Wiskey River bbq sauce:

9b3805bc-e4b8-482a-bf52-ed4a4484aa48_1.06cd877dbafef6152a1f21e16e523168.jpeg

Ingredients: Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Distilled Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Natural Smoke Flavor, Salt, Molasses, Brown Sugar, Paprika, Mustard Bran, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Soybean Oil, Onion Powder, Corn Syrup, Spices, Tamarind Concentrate, Sodium Benzoate as a Preservative, Soy Sauce (Water, Salt, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Syrup, Caramel Coloring), Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavoring, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Anchovies (Fish), Soy Flour, Citric Acid, Garlic Extract, Light Brown Sugar, Apple Cider Flavored Vinegar (Distilled Vinegar from Grain, Natural Flavor with Caramel Color), Water, Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative)), Hoisin Sauce (Sugar, Water, Soybeans, Salt, Sweet Potato, Modified Corn Starch, Sesame Seeds, Garlic, Wheat Flour, Chili Peppers, Spices, Caramel Color, Acetic Acid, Red 40 Color), Garlic Shallots, Contains less than 2% of Modified Corn Starch, Hot Sauce (Peppers, Vinegar, Salt), Chicken Base (Chicken Meat including Natural Juices, Salt, Maltodextrin, Chicken Fat, Sugar, Dried Whey (Milk), Natural Flavors (Soy), Turmeric, Soybean Oil, Ancho Pepper Concentrate (Red Chili Pepper Puree, Ancho Powder, Salt, Corn Oil), Whiskey, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate (Preservatives), Smoke Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Hickory Smoke Flavor Extract), Dried Chili Peppers.

Last edited:
Most of the ingredients come from their Wiskey River bbq sauce:

9b3805bc-e4b8-482a-bf52-ed4a4484aa48_1.06cd877dbafef6152a1f21e16e523168.jpeg

Ingredients: Tomato Puree (Water, Tomato Paste), Distilled Vinegar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Natural Smoke Flavor, Salt, Molasses, Brown Sugar, Paprika, Mustard Bran, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Soybean Oil, Onion Powder, Corn Syrup, Spices, Tamarind Concentrate, Sodium Benzoate as a Preservative, Soy Sauce (Water, Salt, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Syrup, Caramel Coloring), Xanthan Gum, Natural Flavoring, Caramel Color, Garlic Powder, Anchovies (Fish), Soy Flour, Citric Acid, Garlic Extract, Light Brown Sugar, Apple Cider Flavored Vinegar (Distilled Vinegar from Grain, Natural Flavor with Caramel Color), Water, Soy Sauce (Water, Wheat, Soybeans, Salt, Sodium Benzoate (Preservative)), Hoisin Sauce (Sugar, Water, Soybeans, Salt, Sweet Potato, Modified Corn Starch, Sesame Seeds, Garlic, Wheat Flour, Chili Peppers, Spices, Caramel Color, Acetic Acid, Red 40 Color), Garlic Shallots, Contains less than 2% of Modified Corn Starch, Hot Sauce (Peppers, Vinegar, Salt), Chicken Base (Chicken Meat including Natural Juices, Salt, Maltodextrin, Chicken Fat, Sugar, Dried Whey (Milk), Natural Flavors (Soy), Turmeric, Soybean Oil, Ancho Pepper Concentrate (Red Chili Pepper Puree, Ancho Powder, Salt, Corn Oil), Whiskey, Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate (Preservatives), Smoke Oil (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Hickory Smoke Flavor Extract), Dried Chili Peppers.

Just reading that list causes cancer in California.

Fry sauce used to be only known in Utah, but the ingredients for it is ~1T mayo, ~4T ketchup, & that's about it. I like to mix in a little liquid smoke (gasp) and pepper, it's a little different every time. I've tried with bbq sauce but I like my original the best. Small batches.....easy to go overboard.

Because I always look at the sodium content I'm always on the back side of a container where the ingredients are posted and I've learned to read those as well. A lot of things I used to buy because of the low sodium I don't buy anymore because they use chemicals to enhance the flavor due to the lack of salt.
Hence, if I can make it myself I do.

Only way to go-->home made. There are so many kopy kat recipes out there that are way better. Usually need to tweek 'em a bit but still I much prefer h.m.

Even simple things like flour have so many preservatives and bleach ingredients and this and that.

There's a Red Robin 2 miles from my house it's been way too long since I went there. It was Christmas Eve 2010, having just seen The Fighter (which I think was a great movie) time to go back and their sauce a try

Just reading that list causes cancer in California.
I know you were just joking, but I was fairly impressed that almost everything on that huge list of ingredients is a natural food product. Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate are the only ones that jump out as not having a natural source. Oh, just noticed Red 40 Color. I'm guessing that's probably not natural. Still, a very long list of mostly recognizable, natural food items.

I also note this is the first time I've ever seen Mustard Bran listed as an ingredient.

Back