Silver C frame with genny 1000 cookbox?

Sam Bee

TVWBB All-Star
Greetings all,

Anyone know if you can mount a genny 1000 cookbox and control panel and burners to a silver C frame? Asking because the wifey has been asking for a side burner and I’ve been looking for a genny 3000 but no luck however a silver C just popped up on fb marketplace and that has piqued my curiousity. Are the frames (3000 and silver C) the same dimensions?

That is a good question. I don't really have the answer. But, if nothing else, grab the Silver C and call it your Wife's grill.

Edit: I just realized that I have my Genny 1000 sitting in the garage right next to the bare Silver C frame that I had just taken apart. I can tell you that the space for the control panel and cook box is one inch less on the Silver C than the Genny 1000. So, no, I don't think it would be a direct swap. I think the cook box's are the same size, so it must be the control panel that is an inch different.

I suppose you could make some modifications to make things fit or maybe even keep the Silver C control panel, but then you might run into issues with the manifold and burners and knobs fitting correctly.

I go back to my suggestion above or if not, rehab the Silver C and sell the Genny 1000.

Last edited:
That is a good question. I don't really have the answer. But, if nothing else, grab the Silver C and call it your Wife's grill.

Haha, I wish but my wife doesn't grill much...she just likes the convenience of having a side burner.

Yah, that's another idea LM but I thought it'd be easier and faster to just do a swap since the side burner is on the C frame already.

Greetings all,

Anyone know if you can mount a genny 1000 cookbox and control panel and burners to a silver C frame? Asking because the wifey has been asking for a side burner and I’ve been looking for a genny 3000 but no luck however a silver C just popped up on fb marketplace and that has piqued my curiousity. Are the frames (3000 and silver C) the same dimensions?

I happen to have an unassembled frame and control panel for a 3000 in my house. I just measured and compared it to the Silver C on my deck. The dimensions all appear to be identical as far as the frame goes. The control panels are identical in size, but the spacing between the center burner and the two outer burners is different. It is wider on the older Genesis with the double row of flavorizers.

When they switched to a single row with the Silver/Gold/Platinum grills the firebox had to be re-designed and the burner tubes and placement are a little different. I was disappointed to realize that because I wanted to use the newer style control panel cover on 3000 firebox for my Skyline grill. You either have to give up the better old-style firebox or use the older style control panel if you want to keep it.

As far as the frame goes, I don't see why you can't do exactly as you described since you are lifting the entire 1000 box, burners and control panel and just dropping it in on an empty Silver C frame.

lMgmUnf.jpg

Sa3KSb8.jpg

Clearly there is a 1 inch difference between my 1000 and Silver C

Last edited:
The other thought would be what larry suggested and that is take the two extensions off the silver C and put them on the Genny 1000.

8bg6Tcv.jpg

lMgmUnf.jpg

Sa3KSb8.jpg

Clearly there is a 1 inch difference between my 1000 and Silver C

OK, I guess I better stick with accounting numbers rather than ruler marks:(! My Silver is in service and not disassembled, so the inch escaped my notice since you can't see all the underneath. I guess you have to do "mods" or keep Silvers with Silver stuff and the original Genny's with their stuff.

Back