G’Day from London

Aaron Z

Hi Everyone.

Originally from New Zealand, I have been in London the last 20 years.

Late last summer I experimented with smoking on a very old Weber Kettle (vents rusted open etc) that was left in the garden when we moved in, rather than just grilling on it like we normally do. I started with chicken wings, then breasts, thighs and ended up smoking deboned legs of lamb.

Everyone loved the results, I really enjoyed the process, part of which was sitting in the garden drinking some beers for a few hours in the sunshine while being able to tell the wife I am too busy cooking to do anything else. Yeah, she caught on pretty quick, and came out and joined me the next time I smoked some food - hahaha!

Even with my very little experience I think I am hooked, it is great fun trying different wood, chips, chunks, seasonings etc i love it. And so far the food has been great, although not always to my personal taste in regards to the level of smoke flavour, but others love it with a lot of smoke, so it is all good.

In February we got a 18.5 WSM, fired it up the other day, I will put the results on the new owner section.

Love this site, so much information, and tips. Am looking forward to taking part.

Cheers

Aaron.

Welcome Aaron!
Looks like you have been having good times with that old kettle.
I am sure you are going to like your WSM

Welcome Aaron. Congrats on your new WSM. I predict there'll be a lot of good BBQ coming your way.

Thanks Anne and Tim.

I think there is a whole new world about to open up for me.

Can’t wait.

Cheers!

Welcome!! My smoking background is similar to yours. Started off just doing a couple things on my kettle and then decided to get a smoker. You're gonna love what you make with it!

...I experimented with smoking on a very old Weber Kettle...
Everyone loved the results, I really enjoyed the process, part of which was sitting in the garden drinking some beers for a few hours in the sunshine while being able to tell the wife I am too busy cooking to do anything else. Yeah, she caught on pretty quick, and came out and joined me the next time I smoked some food - hahaha!

Even with my very little experience I think I am hooked, it is great fun trying different wood, chips, chunks, seasonings etc i love it. ...so it is all good.

...we got a 18.5 WSM, fired it up the other day...
Cheers

Aaron.
Welcome Aaron, you're doing good things in London!

Back