Playing with Rib Rings today

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Playing today with Rib Rings circular rib rack from The BBQ Guru. Three slabs of baby backs, three slabs of spareribs. I'll be posting a video review soon on the TVWB YouTube channel.

wPFDiL1.jpg

yT8w0Wm.jpg

What will they think of next? Very nice space saver. Would be pretty tough to sauce however. Look forward to your Vid Chris.

To be sure, you have 5 racks of ribs in the rings, and 1 in the center correct? The ribs look great, I will have to look up the review as I am anxious to hear your thoughts Chris. I have used rib racks 1 time and found them to be more of a hassle than a help. That said, I gave up on them after the 1st cook, so I have only myself to blame for not giving the racks another try to figure out the best way to use them. Again, I haven't seen you review Chris, but do you find the racks better/easier to use as opposed to just laying 3 racks on each grate of the WSM?
Thanks,
Tim

I envy the guests at your table :) They look fantastic. It's rare for me to cook so many ribs (5 might be the most that I've ever cooked at once), that seems to be a better option than halving them, I'm not a huge fan of the tight rolls. Seems to be a better option than the traditional rib racks.

6 racks of ribs per grate........................ that just raised the bar IMO.

You're not going to believe this, but I had a dream about a rib rack EXACTLY like that one about 3 nights ago. Curiouser and curiouser...

The silence about cleanup makes me curious, Chris.
It was either really good or miserable, I like the concept but, where do I put it?

Back