Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The brisket won't fit.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    And it will shrink a lot more when you take it out and eat it. I have an 18.5 WSM also and the first time I smoked a 16 pounder I was sure that there was no way that puppy was going to fit.
    I did the same as you, I asked for help from the more experienced brisket folks and basically got the same answers you got. That's what makes this forum so great, friendly people with a lot of knowledge and their willing to share it.
    Oh and one thing not mentioned, even though you bent the hell out of that brisket it will still be delicious.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Fan
    I have never met a brisket that didn't fit on an 18WSM.

Glad you have "seen the light." Now enjoy the fact you can finish that on one ring of fuel.
    26.75" x 2, Vintage 22", 22.5", 18.5", 14.5"

Here are a few photos of my cook. You can see in the first photos why I was so concerned. In the end it turned out delicious. It was the best brisket I have ever had. The picture with the umbrella shows what I had to do to keep the temps down with the early morning sun hitting the WSM. 11 hours in total on the BBQ. (wrapped in foil at 8 1/2 hours). 3 3/4 hours in the Ice chest. Silky like butter.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...d-?usp=sharing

Looks fantastic!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12