Bone in rib eyes

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Our local Fry's (Kroger) has whole bone in rib eyes for $3.97 a pound and they cut and wrap for free.
Got 2 two bone roasts and ten 1 1/2" steaks for $73.25.
They were flying out of the store.
One happy guy here.

26207309517_4f1bf616eb.jpg
[/url]100_2689 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

26207308067_645c24f945.jpg
[/url]100_2690 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

I just checked and everybody has them on sale this week down here. Looks like I might have to make a roast for Easter.

Drive time to PV is about 12.5 hours, so I'm guessing you'll have some left when I get there??? :)

Nice score, Rich!

R

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be stoping tomorrow after work forsure. I might have a roast in the deep freezer still but at that price, can’t go wrong

Daaaaaang!
That’s a great deal!
There are deals and then there are DEALS! You got the latter!
I have a little room in my freezer and I am looking at a much less fabulous deal, maybe I need to make a trip to Prescott?

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be stoping tomorrow after work forsure. I might have a roast in the deep freezer still but at that price, can’t go wrong

Jose here in AZ both Fry's and Safeway have them on sale although Safeway is $4.99 vs. Fry's at $3.97

Jewel-Osco in the Chicago area also has them for $4.99/lb
4-Day sale today thru Sunday, Limit 1

Jose here in AZ both Fry's and Safeway have them on sale although Safeway is $4.99 vs. Fry's at $3.97

Thanks Rich, I picked mine up last night. I was able to get 2 roasts and 8 steaks. I wrapped mine in clear wrap, need to invest in one of those vacuum sealers.

Just popped $5.99/lb for a nice little three rib roast, overwrapped with dbl layer of cling film then into a heavy Ziploc bag. It won’t be in the freezer more than a couple of weeks if I have any say in the matter! Wife’s son loved rare beef as much as I do, the women seem to like it done to death! It eats at me to do that much damage to a beautiful piece of meat, thankfully the womenfolk also like theirs sliced thin, I can overdo the ends and make them happy then the men can go caveman on the center. Well now you’ve done it, I want ham, turkey AND beef for Sunday! You’re killin’ me!

Just popped $5.99/lb for a nice little three rib roast, overwrapped with dbl layer of cling film then into a heavy Ziploc bag. It won’t be in the freezer more than a couple of weeks if I have any say in the matter! Wife’s son loved rare beef as much as I do, the women seem to like it done to death! It eats at me to do that much damage to a beautiful piece of meat, thankfully the womenfolk also like theirs sliced thin, I can overdo the ends and make them happy then the men can go caveman on the center. Well now you’ve done it, I want ham, turkey AND beef for Sunday! You’re killin’ me!

Tim, Both Barb and I like our steaks cooked just enough that we don't have to chase them around the plate.
I was actually thinking about getting another one, but all three of our freezers a stuffed like this one so no more room.

41078834242_d0ee4ac1b1.jpg
[/url]100_2695 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

40411497414_11b0c580e2.jpg
[/url]100_2699 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Rich,
I am a master packer, I could get another whole one in there, you might need to tie it closed but....

I learned the hard way a long time ago that you need to provide air flow through out the whole freezer or you get warm spots where the cold air couldn't get to and the freezer runs constantly.
Also the reality is with one big and two smaller freezers and two people I really don't need anymore. We're still using up stuff we froze in April of 2017. :rolleyes:

A buddy of mine has “overloaded” his freezer before too, it can happen but the real trick I’ve learned is to not pack anything “snug” until it’s already hard enough to drive nails with. Once it’s solid, then you can carefully pack with some “air channels” and you will be fine.
I understand though, once burned twice careful! Makes perfect sense.
I want to use up a lot of frozen products before summer and have room for more fresh goods!

Back