KFC recipe

Wow,that does look good. Never entered my mind to put battered chicken on a grill:eek: I'll be tryin it soon.

I make KFC often thanks to Al's post.
Cook indirect until about done, then direct for more browning.
Crisp skin, and moist meat every time.

FQLjhgKVOkxudHfLw_2Lrj21FmWlJMc9kHZ4_S98lWfMDFVsvpOYTTy0x4PWyJEvmDtYZpBG2RVAhqZtxgOgArFJhaFIBLWQKYKbgyNgqO8_lWW5iLk9ZMiqutLhbs2pju5o-RWLcdTHLliDAufzfOkSjZfA7b4YNo8G7o1Wpn4mczyvDLeeMP4y5BPL0ojdbMvbY3pUzPIbHIxjDmqhStFmpEPT0yeUf9Hd7TPcVai7hAGwhs1U-fbBgNcVQUaMzPH_8Z2F5-n7CvgoDr-D6scM2K2UaW9oYMpv0kFf7E08562ztizGPeIMQO09dbuI04uOGkePr3dFI3HOh-_r11QK4ifXQBr-VQcemZUlJ1l1feAIajHIwjgudfIX9qbPRxzfBMzaALthg0_rfTwXNhNxMuGRPMBNDZltrd52gW4lOIG-dBXDV4kyanWPlWGlnWKN--1WHnXIYd8XtYyZoQaJXhWEn5zwaJK2pZJ3h_BMA8kbGza-YQRGHQjStWaeEu8j6VXYC4pQnhxgVIBPB8BiNsXn0qtqOMgV2NnpsHoTEfg1RRMBQB4XmVp_lv1mEfMtzWuotlC91OzayhaekhDgUg_TaN-lM1RmQfM=w1194-h896-no

indubidibly! I wonder how his new ceramic will do w/ KFC.

I have a breading recipe I want to try to use like these guys.

Thanks everyone, didn't mean to take over the thread.
I use a local product, Andy's, for the breading, similar products should work well too.
Moisten pieces, shake in a bag with breading mix, place on a wire rack, and spray lightly with oil.
I like to let it "set up" a bit before going on the grill.

fd5a035c07ffb4e4fdc1f002d4c8b7d4.jpg

Well, I believe that I’ll be doing this, too, next week, if things go well. This looks GREAT!

I picked up some Louisiana Chicken Fry today at Walmart’s and am anxious to try it!

Keep on smokin’,
Dale53:wsm:

Drakes is good, heck even Shake&Bake will work, but they don't have that kick like the OP's Louisiana Chick mix.
You can doctor them up ( I do ) with Webers Kickin Chickin or something similar.

Tim

I tried this myself with a pack of thighs bone in, and even with making a few mistakes as stated here, they came very good, and moist, and pretty darn crispy.
I want to do again with different mixes.
And different peices of chicken. But this the way to make good chicken on the grill, without drying it out.

Finally got around to trying this tonight. Came out awesome. I put on some apple wood,and was really surprised you could barely taste the smoke. I did it with thighs. All the thighs my local store had were humongous. Next time i will find some smaller ones so there is more breading per piece. There will definitely be a next time.
P.S. I used the Louisiana chicken mix,which is what I will use next time:cool:

Last edited:

Back