Cook progress saving

C Voisin

Hey there everyone. This morning while doing a fairly large brisket my battery pack for my HM died. I woke up plugged it into the wall and off it goes. I was fully expecting the data to be gone (my previous experience) but much to my surprise HM kept my data and I have it all. It picked right back up where it was. When was this added or what have I changed that made this work?

https://ibb.co/i5HMH7

Last edited:
When it boots up, it waits until the time syncs then checks the last data in the "backup" database, stored on the flash every 5 minutes instead of just in RAM. If it was less than 24 hours ago it, copies that database to RAM and appends it, otherwise it will start a new database. You can always manually reset it from LinkMeter -> Archive -> Reset Database if you want to get a fresh start. It might take a few minutes for the data in the graph to look reset, because the browser caches it for one time period which is like 5 minutes for the largest range I think. The 1 hour range is only cached for 10 seconds so switching to that after resetting the database usually will just show the new data.

This has been in for a long time (a couple years at least) but unless you've had your HeaterMeter plugged in recently it is easy to miss it doing this. It also saves most the data if the Pi reboots for some reason or your power goes out briefly.

Back