Recipes from my browser tabs

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
hard to believe how many things I want to cook, how full my fridge, cabinets, & freezer are (always say I'm going to not shop until it's all gone but the next day I'm buying more), but anyway:

Ham & Swiss Football sandwiches
(cooks country - may not be available)
22482_sfs-ham-and-swiss-foorball-sandwiches-14

Italian vegetable stew
(ATK)
30491_cvr-sfs-ciambotta-reshoot-clr-4

Flank Steak in adobo (cooks country)

Coconut Shrimp (def free)
coconut-shrimp1.jpg

Paella (never cooked or consumed but I always want to try it especially when Phil Perrin posts his)
https://amazingribs.com/tested-reci...ational-dish-spain-began-outdoors-and-you-can

Red Beans & Rice from Cooks Country (made once with help from TVWBB)

faux parmesean from FOK (don't laugh - it's actually really good....I've made something similar called no harm parm, which I'm hoping this is like)

Latin American Pork and Rice (cooks country - may not be available to the unwashed masses)
40238_sfs-latin-american-pork-and-rice-4

now I can comfortably close all my tabs on this computer.........

Last edited:
Ewww quinoa can't eat the stuff. A product that definitely should be cooked in coconut oil so it slides into the garbage pan easier. Honestly I have tried so many ways to like the stuff. Hate the texture, the taste (I think the package it comes in would taste better), basically everything about the stuff is awful

Quinoa not one of my favs either. Tried it once. Could always be the way it was done (cold salad) but still .......

Threads in this forum disappear after 60 days, IIRC. So you may want to keep those browser tabs. ;)

hard to believe how many things I want to cook, how full my fridge, cabinets, & freezer are (always say I'm going to not shop until it's all gone but the next day I'm buying more), but anyway:

I'm the same way, I'm a recipe seeker and with three freezers filled to the gills and a closet that's a spice cabinet, a huge pantry cabinet in the garage and I still am dragging things home I really don't need. But I have fun trying new things. Right now I have 432 grilling recipes in my word files of which I've may have tried a hundred or so of them and I continue to add more.
I have 10 recipe books on chili alone. regular cooks books about 20, all the Weber books, 6 3" binders full of recipes. and it goes on and on. On average we try new recipes at least 4 times a week.
Most of the meat in my freezers are from the meat departments dog food section (mark down items) with the exception of chicken. Came home today with a six pound eye of the round roast regular price $32 for $6.97 how could I say no. Where I'm going to put it I don't know.

Last edited:
That Guinness beef stew got my attention, got to see if I can find that Guinness Draught around here.

I wonder if one could actually taste the difference of whether Guinness (or some other dark brew) was in there

I wonder if one could actually taste the difference of whether Guinness (or some other dark brew) was in there

I've used Trader Jose Mexican dark beer from Trader Joe's in a lot of recipes calling for dark beer with good results. I've never had Guinness draught before so I don't know what the flavor is like.
If I can't find the Guinness Trader Jose will be the substitute.

A lot of wonderful recipes Clint. Nice of you to share! That Indian Style Curry looks especially good. Will give that a go before long!

Guinness almost verges on being sweet compared to some other dark beers where there is a little more bitter than sweet

I've used Trader Jose Mexican dark beer from Trader Joe's in a lot of recipes calling for dark beer with good results. I've never had Guinness draught before so I don't know what the flavor is like.
If I can't find the Guinness Trader Jose will be the substitute.

Not a bad choice - use what you like! That's what I do too.

A lot of wonderful recipes Clint. Nice of you to share! That Indian Style Curry looks especially good. Will give that a go before long!

Try the butter chicken I linked earlier - that's a definite keeper.......(now I want to make if tonight!) it uses a pressure cooker but could be made in a regular pot just as easy, might take an extra 20 minutes if that.

Those ham sandwiches (first recipe I believe) - that's one that I want to try the most....been holding onto that one since before the superbowl.

Guinness almost verges on being sweet compared to some other dark beers where there is a little more bitter than sweet

I didn't think much of Guinness for a while - I guess there's two kinds. Last time I had it I liked it, I'll have to try it again. I'm not too picky on following recipes exactly - I'd be just as happy with a pale ale in the stew as a Porter :)

https://thehappiestcow.wordpress.co...-draught-vs-original-so-whats-the-difference/

Last edited:
Corn nuts anyone?

https://rasamalaysia.com/skillet-chili-lime-corn/2/

skillet-chili-lime-corn.jpg

Skillet Chili Lime Corn Recipe

Serves 3 | Prep Time: 5 Mins | Cook Time: 10 Mins

Ingredients:

12 oz frozen corn
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 jalapeno chili, seeded and finely diced
1 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt, to taste
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro leaves
3 tablespoons crumbled Mexican queso fresco or queso blanca
Method:

Heat up a skillet (cast-iron preferred) on medium heat, add the melted butter and jalapeno. Add the corn and cook. Add the honey, cayenne pepper, salt, stir to cook well until the corns are caramelized. Add the lime juice, stir to mix well. Top with the cilantro, cheese, pinch of cayenne pepper and serve immediately.
Cook’s Note:

You may also use Cojita cheese, or any crumbled and mild tasting crumbled cheese of your choice.

Back