Hello Everyone

Ron Mack

I have been grilling, starting with my dad since i was 9 years old. I'm 51 now. We never had the best grills but we made some great Q. I have owned a bunch of disposable grills over the years. I always thought gas for fast, charcoal for quality. When I retired in 2014, yes at 47, I explored a bunch of hobbies while teaching part time. I've found BBQ cooking to be my favorite. My first Weber was a Spirit 210, which i still have. I have always loved the look of the Older Weber Genesis Grills. I stumbled across a 2000 NG at the Re-Store for 15.00 bucks and jumped on it. Got it home and realized, I don't have NG and this thing needed a lot of work. That's how I found this Forum. My Genesis is currently in restoration, including transition from NG to LP. I didn't take any before pics but will post after when I'm complete. Thanks to everyone on this Forum for helping me with this restoration. Your post got me started and will help me to completion. Somehow since I started this project a Weber Silver A has followed me home.

Ron McKenzie
Raleigh, NC

Back