St. Patrick's Day Corned Beef

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
I hope you all had a great St. Patrick's Day. I've been doing the same Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe for years, that being an old Weber recipe. I picked up the corned beef at Costco a couple of weeks ago. Third year in a row I went with a brisket from Snake River Farms. Once again, we were not disappointed. I wanted to try a new recipe for sourdough rye so I mixed the dough on Friday and baked it Saturday so it would be nice and fresh.

Really liked this recipe. It contained molasses, fennel seeds, Anise seeds and Caraway seeds. Also had some orange zest. Sure smelled good.

enhance

enhance

The ingredients.

enhance

3.4 pounds.

enhance

Cooked it in my 7 qt. DO.

enhance

enhance

Cooked it on my 26er.

enhance

Added the potatoes and cabbage (It's in there somewhere) at the 2 hour mark.

enhance

enhance

Plated it up.

enhance

Once again Weber and SRF did not disappoint. Incredibally delicious meal. I forgot to serve the cabbage until after I took the plate shot. Oh well, you can use your imagination. The Rye bread is one of the best tasting loaves I've made to date. All in all, a good evening. Thanks for looking everyone!

Looks great, Cliff! I see some killer sandwiches in your future with that rye bread! ......think I'll need to pick up some corned beef, and feed "Woody" some rye flour!

R

SRF should use this thread as advertisement for their CBR! A most worthy cook Cliff

I just found the NYT cooking app recipe for soda bread and did a loaf for dinner on the Feast of St. Patrick, so amazingly good and dead easy!!
I will do that again with a SRF corned beef too!

Looks wonderful Cliff. That rye bread sounds very familiar, if it's the Artisan Sourdough Rye Bread from Breadtopia I've made that a few times and it's great.
Got to get some starter going again.

WOW!! Cliff that looks fantastic. Yes there has to be some sandwiches with that bread in the future.

Back