Pok Pok Pork Chops!

Phil Perrin

TVWBB Hall of Fame
After the failure to launch the last time I tried the Pok Pok Thaan charcoal, I went to Youtube. People were using a layer of regular charcoal, lump and briquettes, in the chimney under the Thai style charcoal, Whaddaya know, it worked! Into the Miller Lite SJ!
40178425784_37034beafe_k.jpg
[/url]Untitled by Phil Perrin, on Flickr[/IMG]
I had a couple nice pork chops, seasoned with S & P and garlic powder. The foil pack is some green bean tips from some pickled green beans Pammi made the day before.
39076546950_060da4fca8_k.jpg
And a couple gus for Pammi.
40178423004_ed63d05809_k.jpg
Holy frijole, that stuff burns hot! I'm trying some in the pizza oven before too long!
But the chops had a nice sear on them and came out very moist! And, I'm gonna get another cook or 2 outta the logs!
Thanks for looking!

Those chops look amazing Phil, a most impressive cook on your SJ!!! I can't make good chops over charcoal to save my life and would never attempt to do so on the SJ, very little room for error. Nice Cook!!!

Great looking chops. When I use lump I usually put down a layer of lit charcoal and dump the unlit lump on top of that. It keeps the smaller pieces from falling though the charcoal grate.

Nice cook, monsta pork chops ! And what's with all that green grass ?? Weather must be good in Shuffletown.

Back