Wifi changes not saving

Derek.O

I attempted an upgrade to v14, but have had issues with the EdiMax driver as sen in many posts here. So I went and got a v13 image loaded it back to my card and when running ethernet everything boots fine and works as expected. I configured the Wifi via the scan-->Join method. Save & Apply. Then click the connect button.
The interface comes online and pulls an IP from my network.

I hit save & Apply again, just for safety sake. The "unsaved changes" warning shows up in the top of the screen. Once in there it shows this line is pending save: dhcp.wwan.ignore=1

No mater what I do this line never saves.

After rebooting the wifi config looks to have reset back to image defaults. What am I supposed to do to get this working/saving?

I have 4.2 hardware, Pi B-2.1, EdiMax dongle.

Do you have your 4.2 board attached when doing the configuring? I think the v13 had a bug where if there was no HeaterMeter detected on boot, it would never fully boot and therefore never save its configuration.

I'm not sure what's happening otherwise, but you could also try the snapshot firmware instead of going back to v13.

The 4.2 board not being attached was exactly my problem. Tried it all out last night and I am back up and running.

I do plan to try out the snapshot build of 14, but I am going to grab a different memory card to swap in and let me play around.

Back