Rare Genesis 5000 in California

Do these have all stainless components inside? What makes this more valuable/desirable than a 3000 with the side burner?

For one it’s only $80.00
Second it’s maroon!
If it was closer, I might even borrow a truck to get it!
Go get it Chuck!

I hope one of you guys got it. I was talking to the guy and he totally promised it to me. I was going to pick it up tomorrow and then sold it out from under me. What an AH! Unbelievable!

Here's a pic, in case the ad goes away.

b306b2e3be6f4668b96434ec5c73a9d7.jpg

Do these have all stainless components inside? What makes this more valuable/desirable than a 3000 with the side burner?

Same SS components as others in the 1000-5500 series, flavorizers and stamped SS grill. The difference was that this is the 'top of the range ' grill, the glass doors, the enclosed side/rear and not sure if the 3000 had the striped hood.

Stephen,

I don't think the 3000 had the special hood. Admittedly, this grill was really all about status, since it didn't cook any better than a regular Genesis. But it was special and now has some historic significance. This is especially true because I don't think they sold a whole lot. and now, because of the glass doors, there are few survivors.

Back