2nd Genesis project

Jose Robles

TVWBB Member
So I recently put together my Genesis 1000 with the exception of staining. Haven’t finished it but I couldn’t resist from picking these up esp for the price.

Last night I picked this up. The guy had is listed for 40, offered him 25 and it was a rap. Guy said it was his fathers which he was storing it for him after his dad’s house caught on fire. Well the dad ended up buying a new grill and gifted it to him. He didn’t want it and was taken up room. It was on a homemade tile cabinet which was bulky. The guy was cool, let me take the top only and left the rest for him to dispose of.
23iGYd3.jpg

Today, I drove an hour to pick this up. Again another steal. The guy had refurbished this one about a year ago. Bought new burners, stainless steel flavorizer bars and grates plus ignition. Wood was also replaced. Said a storm came in, blow it down which damaged the lid and broke one of the hinges.
lTsLPuS.jpg

I am going to add the side burner to this one and change out the lids. Overall this should be a really simple build. I ended up selling my 18.5 wsm to justify all this to the wife. Well worth it thou. I think I’m going to end up selling the 1000 I just finished as well. I’ll just keep my eyes out for an 18.5 in the near future. I’ll update this post once I have her complete.

Last edited:
So I recently put together my Genesis 1000 with the exception of staining. Haven’t finished it but I couldn’t resist from picking these up esp for the price.

Last night I picked this up. The guy had is listed for 40, offered him 25 and it was a rap. Guy said it was his fathers which he was storing it for him after his dad’s house caught on fire. Well the dad ended up buying a new grill and gifted it to him. He didn’t want it and was taken up room. It was on a homemade tile cabinet which was bulky. The guy was cool, let me take the top only and left the rest for him to dispose of.
23iGYd3.jpg

Today, I drove an hour to pick this up. Again another steal. The guy had refurbished this one about a year ago. Bought new burners, stainless steel flavorizer bars and grates plus ignition. Wood was also replaced. Said a storm came in, blow it down which damaged the lid and broke one of the hinges.
lTsLPuS.jpg

I am going to add the side burner to this one and change out the lids. Overall this should be a really simple build. I ended up selling my 18.5 wsm to justify all this to the wife. Well worth it thou. I think I’m going to end up selling the 1000 I just finished as well. I’ll just keep my eyes out for an 18.5 in the near future. I’ll update this post once I have her complete.

Jose,

You better watch out - YOU HAVE THE FEVER:rolleyes:! I know all about the "justify all this to the wife" part. I will be really interested to see how you do selling your beautiful redhead 1000. It might be a little hard to part with, but if you can make some $ then your justifying will be a lot easier. And, you will have saved a nice grill and given it a new life. I hope you can sell for some good money; I hope to do the same here in FL. If I can't then my wife will turn out to be right and I will need to cool my jets about all these Weber "bargains":(.

Best wishes on a successful flip and making a really nice Genesis 3000.

Jon

Jon, The good thing is I’m not contagious anymore... I am going to finish the 3000 before putting up the 1000 for sale. I put the 3000 together but still want to sand and paint her. She is already put in work for tonight’s dinner.

Mixed and Marinade Flank Steak for 4 hours
1/3 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

W7Z1D16.jpg

4lYBgzr.jpg

ADBVQdo.jpg

Looks GREAT:wsm:!

I have never seen the Weber Gourmet system grates for the older Genesis. The stainless grates are a "great" find, and if you want to get carried away there are all kinds of additional items you can put in the middle circle such as a wok, griddle and a cast iron cross hatch grate.

Good luck on your restore!

Jose, I have a 3000 that I did the opposite to: I made it back into a 2000, I never found myself using the side burner, and I like to keep my "grilling juice" further from the cookbox on the right side table so it stays cold. You'll love that grill!

Back