Check This Thing Out!

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well, this looks like the ultimate open top grilling machine. Maybe this is what my little college needs. You could churn out a ton of burgers, chops, steaks or whatever on this 12 BURNER monster:y

https://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/bfs/d/bakers-pride-12-burner-lava/6531682446.html

It would take a good-sized truck just to move this beast. Anybody ever heard of this or seen one of these?

97i5ww.jpg

281rep4.jpg

Last edited:
I am sure this is a natural gas grill. Can you believe those grates? Seller says they are $200 a piece!

Last edited:
Jon, that sounds like an indoor grill for use in a restaurant. Does it even have a lid(s)? If not it will have to be stored/used in a covered area and you won't be able to do any slow cooking on it. Will be used primarily for "grilling". I dont think you could do ribs and other BBQ or slow cook type meals without a cover.

It almost has to be natural gas. If not, you are going to have to look at 100lb tanks to make it cost effective and so you don't have to swap out tanks ever few hours.

Jon, that sounds like an indoor grill for use in a restaurant. Does it even have a lid(s)? If not it will have to be stored/used in a covered area and you won't be able to do any slow cooking on it. Will be used primarily for "grilling". I dont think you could do ribs and other BBQ or slow cook type meals without a cover.

It almost has to be natural gas. If not, you are going to have to look at 100lb tanks to make it cost effective and so you don't have to swap out tanks ever few hours.

The write-up says it is from a steakhouse. The cafeteria does have a partially covered area in the back where they do their grilling. If I really thought this would work and could raise some $ for it, it would be set-up outside and hooked up to their gas line. We would just have to improvise a cover of some sort. They will only be using the Genesis (or this monster!) for high temperature grilling, so it's limitations wouldn't be a concern to them. My worry is that when it eventually does need new burners, etc. that they will be way too high priced or not available at all. That's where a couple regular Webers makes sense because the upkeep cost would be reasonable and parts readily available.

Still, for only $500 what a huge, powerhouse grill you get! I would guess that the grilling surface is the equivalent of two Summits...I still can't get over those grates; they should last a lifetime.

Yah, I agree Jon, it is probably best getting used in a commercial restaurant. If it does need maintenance and parts replaced, even if they are available, it would probably be up to you to acquire them and install them. The school staff would probably just look at it and scratch their heads when something isn't working right.

Like you said, two or three Webers would be more economical, practical and versatile. Burgers and dogs on one, steaks and chicken on one and the ribs on another. Anyone can find and replace a Weber cooking grate and it won't tear into the school activities budget.

Maybe just go this route:

http://www.gatorpit.net/falcon.html

Last edited:
That would be a nice "outdoor" (covered) kitchen appliance. Can you say "whole pig cook?" So far Point St. Lucie is on my shortlist of places to retire, if I were already retired / there, I'd be looking into that bad boy

That would be a nice "outdoor" (covered) kitchen appliance. Can you say "whole pig cook?" So far Point St. Lucie is on my shortlist of places to retire, if I were already retired / there, I'd be looking into that bad boy

You need to look at our cute little town of Hobe Sound! About 20 miles south of Port St. Lucie, but way more laid back. We can use some more good grillers here:).

Happy to share one of the last places on the east coast of southern Florida not completely paved over! Fellow grillers and restorers always welcome!

http://www.city-data.com/picfilesc/picc5160.php
Good info, thanks Jon. Will be heading to Florida in the next month or so to continue our house shopping, will have to get in contact with you, do some BBQ and discuss Hobe Sound. I did some searching yesterday (on Zillow) saw many places to my liking

Cool! Let me know when you will be here. I can try to give you some local insights. BBQ always sounds good (after April 17:mad:), so lets plan for it.

Back