This is why I burn the Devil

Cliff, Actually you are way closer to their home base in CA than I am in Colorado. Its sold off their web site in CA. And delivered right to your door. What can be better than that?
Nice round hard pieces of lump that out burns anything. As Harry found out. Hope that this helps.
Russ

The devil you say? :)

I've on recently gotten into Lump, and that's been in my Akorn JR. Never had much luck with Lump in Weber kettles & wsm's. I just recently tried Lazzari Mesquite Charcoal (lump) and it was fantastic. It's $10 for a 10LBS bag at Safeway. I will order me up a bag or two of your Devil charcoal and give it a run. Post(s) to follow

ps: Russ....it's been awhile since you posted a cook....just sayin'

Congrats on trying the lump charcoal. Would love to give Lazzari's a try but its nowhere around here. In Durango we are lucky to now get B&B.
Hope that you like the "devil", the burn times are outstanding & very well worth the price.
Will try to post pics later this week. Fixing some big beefy plated ribs.

Last edited:
The devil you say? :)

I've on recently gotten into Lump, and that's been in my Akorn JR. Never had much luck with Lump in Weber kettles & wsm's. I just recently tried Lazzari Mesquite Charcoal (lump) and it was fantastic. It's $10 for a 10LBS bag at Safeway. I will order me up a bag or two of your Devil charcoal and give it a run. Post(s) to follow

ps: Russ....it's been awhile since you posted a cook....just sayin'
I know this is a old post but...Chuck you can buy Lazzari lump for $15.99 - 16.99 for a forty pound bag at alot of Mexican Markets....Or for the same price look for Ay carbon mesquite it's every bit as good as Lazzari and I didn't I ever say that about another lump... Very little dust and small pieces in the bag... Check it out online and look for reviews and pic's... It's the real deal.

Back