No Wifi connectivity on HM

Paul D W

Hi All. I hadn't used my HM (4.2) for a while and previously had no issues but all of a sudden I can't seem to get any WIFI connectivity. If I plug a WIFI adapter ( including the one that has always been fine but also a brand new one on the approved list) and restart I get no IP appearing on the screen. So i am unable to administer it or indeed connect to it at all. If i plug an ethernet cable into the wired connection then i see the IP come up on the screen and everything is fine. Can anyone think of why this might be happening? It has previously been fine for a long time.

I tried updating firmware but i have the same issue. Is there a way i can easily check the config.txt with the wifi settings in it? i dont have an SD card reader but i am almost certain that in the past i was able to edit it via the web interface.

Further to my previous message, now i can't get connection even via wired interface. I was having some issues in the UI before this occured ( some links in the network section where not working due to various errors), which happened after performing a firmware upgrade. I am now wondering if the SD card is failing / has been corrupted. I am guessing i should get hold of an SD card writer and re-image/replace the card. Can anyone suggest a decent SD writer for PC?

Not an expert here by any means, but I recently bought a new router for the house. Even though I kept my SSID and Password the same, my HM refused to connect. Almost every other device in my house connected just fine. I tried and tried to avoid downloading a new image to the SD card. But, ultimately, that's what I had to do. I just put the credentials in the config.txt and away I went. It wasn't so bad. But, I had made a small javascript change that I didn't want to lose. I lost it. No biggie. I suggest you burn a new image to that card. If it doesn't work, try a new card.

I agree Darren. All things point to a corrupt SD / image. I got hold of a writer so I'm giving it a crack now. Fingers crossed.

Ok i seem to be half way there. I can get the HM to get an IP however it seems to be using its own DHCP or something as it definitely isn't using my routers. Should i be in client or AP mode? I've tried both. I basically just want it to connect via my router.

OK all fixed. In the end i downloaded the standard image with no WIFI configuration setup then used the Network > Scan method to get onto the home network. Everything seems fine now.

Atfer repeating the process I seem to be ok. I think the first time something wasn't properly saved in the config. Weird. Got to say the thing i love the most about this project is that there always seems to be a way to solve a problem. Many thanks.

Back