Chimichurri flank steak with brussels and sweet potatoes

Daum

TVWBB Super Fan
After seeing Robert-R's post and having Chimichurri on the menu this week anyways I figured I'd give a longer marinade a go. With flank steaks I prefer a longer marinade to help them get a bit better flavor.

First the marinade, I blended it a little more than Robert's but ended up looking good. I put this on around 9 in the morning:
yARni0f.jpg

I didn't have time to get and photos of it on the grill in action but used the performer with grill grates. The final product:
zEuurV8.png

Sliced:
3MgwQDu.jpg

Plated:
xIZaoBf.jpg

All in all very happy with the cook. Thanks for the recipe Robert! I'm still on the edge on if I actually like the Grill Grates. They give nice marks, but I often find myself moving them aside and just dropping the meat back on the grill.

Enjoy!
Daum

Nicely done Daum, Robert is a hard act to follow, you did great, or should I say grate :)

Your flank steak looks spot on! ChuckO is right, you did grate.

You should give the chimichurri dressing a try: equal parts chimichurri, mayo, sour cream & buttermilk. It's grate.

Last edited:
Beautiful looking cook Daum. Robert puts out some terrific looking cooks and you did it proud. BTW, I share your uncertainty over GrillGrates. They're a lot of money for nice grill marks. I have a lodge cast iron ribbed pan that will do the exact same thing. In all fairness though, I haven't really used them enough to give a fair assessment. There is a learning curve there. I need to do a wider variety of cooks with them.

Back