This is very disturbing

I believe someone posted this same video a couple of years ago. Regardless, I'd tell the neighbor and the City to go "bleep" themselves. Seriously.

Must be in Californication. Or perhaps the neighbor does not like people of color enjoying themselves like everyone else.

"do you have any more questions for me?"

oh jeez :)

that sucks. I wonder what kind of smoker they were running

My neighbor used to complain. I offered to let him put on some meat whenever I was cooking. He stopped complaining.

I can sort of see a restriction against the visible smoke leaving the property, but trying to legislate against the smell of food cooking is ludicrous. Laws about that would catch virtually anyone who cooked at home with the windows open or with the stove vent hood exhausting outdoors.

I have a neighbor like that. The day Kendall county banned leaf burning I decided to smoke a turkey.
Sheriffs showed up at my back yard gate saying we got a complaint of you burning leaves.
I said sorry, not me, and lifted the lid.
They both smiled and left.

Tim

There's another thing that sticks in my craw. These people who bytch about leaf burning. I have COPD (thanks to having worked around asbestos and being an ex smoker more on the smoking thing after rant). I have less problems form the leaf smoke than from the do gooders who mulch (either in a pile/bin or on the ground). The mold from them being chopped up puts me right on my inhaler! Yet the smoke does very little "bad" to me. I don't even need my inhaler from it.
Now from an ex smoker. I have been lucky enough to contract pneumonia 4 times the last time about 9 years ago (at 57). Dr. was kind enough on that last go round to point out on my Xrays the scar tissue that showed up in my lungs. He said "you used to smoke didn't you" and I told him I had quit WAY back when I was 30 (for the last time) History: I started as a teen (about 15 yo) smoked steadily until 25 and quit cold. During divorce at 29 and going until 30 (the child bride was a crook) I began smoking again but made a promise to quit when divorce was final. I kept the promise and right at the court in down town Chicago I threw away the pack in my pocket.
Never did it again.
So the thing they say about your lungs going back to "normal" is BS. They get better to be sure but you're never normal again. Obviously the asbestos I inhaled from being a mechanic in the late 60's to early 70's didn't help but that Dr. told me the scar tissue NEVER goes away and it's worse the younger you start
Anyway I hate those people who move into an area and then discover there is something they personally dislike (a farm, leaf burning allowed, what have you) and then go all ape s^&t trying to change it. GRRRRRRR!

This is why my closest neighbor is more than 300 yds away. I am not sure I could live in town. The distance keeps the peace. I have one restriction on my land: I can’t raise pigs.

Watching my back yard fill with smoke right now from a starting chimney reminded me of this thread, and also reminded me that I'd thought of running an air vent of like ~7" galvanized 15' or so in the air that I could vent the chimney smoke up to.

I remembered a few back years ago a bbq joint was being hassled, that's what originally got me thinking about it years ago.

There's an old wood structure in my back yard I've thought about making into my smokin shack....I'd tear it down & rebuild or do some serious reinforcements if I do it....just wondering if anyone's tried this, probably have to get 50' high to be effective.........and I'm not going to be doing anything like that.

I've grilled two days in a row, but not this evening.
Earlier I was on the deck enjoying our first spring-like day, in the upper 70's.
I could smell someone grilling in our small subdivision, could have been steaks, could have been burgers.
Whatever it was it made me hungry, and actually smelled better to me than when I grill, go figure.

The air blows toward a neighbors porch. So if I'm doing a quick cook on my q then they get some cooking smoke. But for smoking I moved everything further away so the smoke blows towards the rear of their back yard. So far, no issues.

Back