Pork Plate

Rich G

TVWBB Honor Circle
In contrast to this weekend, not a ton of time on my hands today, so this post will only have one picture.

Grilled up a couple of Berkshire loin chops (seasoned with DP Dizzy Dust) from my local butcher, as well as a couple of links of the bratwurst I made yesterday. Chops were on the 26er for about 8 minutes indirect (~400-425 lid therm temp), then seared on my cast iron grate for a couple minutes per side. The links got a similar treatment, only less time indirect, and just 30-45 seconds a side on the cast iron.

40069475504_7d4c2984e4_k.jpg

We plated this up with some seasoned rice and a side salad (spinach for me, arugula for the girls.) We gave massive thanks to the wonderful pig!! Tasty stuff all the way around.

R

The Brats & Chops look fantastic Rich. I wish I could get good Chops over charcoal. I just can't do good BBQ Chops :(

So I fry them.....That's my favorite way anyway, LOL

The Brats & Chops look fantastic Rich. I wish I could get good Chops over charcoal. I just can't do good BBQ Chops :(

So I fry them.....That's my favorite way anyway, LOL

Most chops get done on the stove here, too, Chuck. My kids love the pan sauce I make for chops, so they get mad at me when there's no pan! :)

R

Both the chops and the sausage look great Rich. We do quite a few pork chops and I've finally got it figured out, pork is so much leaner now than years ago and it's easy to over cook them.

Looking real fine there. Would love to try both. Berkshire pork would be a first around here.

Back