Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pork Plate

Pork Plate

In contrast to this weekend, not a ton of time on my hands today, so this post will only have one picture.

Grilled up a couple of Berkshire loin chops (seasoned with DP Dizzy Dust) from my local butcher, as well as a couple of links of the bratwurst I made yesterday. Chops were on the 26er for about 8 minutes indirect (~400-425 lid therm temp), then seared on my cast iron grate for a couple minutes per side. The links got a similar treatment, only less time indirect, and just 30-45 seconds a side on the cast iron.

We plated this up with some seasoned rice and a side salad (spinach for me, arugula for the girls.) We gave massive thanks to the wonderful pig!! Tasty stuff all the way around.

R

Fine looking plate of food.

The Brats & Chops look fantastic Rich. I wish I could get good Chops over charcoal. I just can't do good BBQ Chops

So I fry them.....That's my favorite way anyway, LOL
    85 78

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckO View Post
    The Brats & Chops look fantastic Rich. I wish I could get good Chops over charcoal. I just can't do good BBQ Chops

So I fry them.....That's my favorite way anyway, LOL
    Most chops get done on the stove here, too, Chuck. My kids love the pan sauce I make for chops, so they get mad at me when there's no pan!

R

Looks great Rich. Where's the bacon?
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG 18 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G View Post
    Looks great Rich. Where's the bacon?
    The pork trifecta? I had to draw the line somewhere, Pat......may have drawn it in the wrong place!

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Both the chops and the sausage look great Rich. We do quite a few pork chops and I've finally got it figured out, pork is so much leaner now than years ago and it's easy to over cook them.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Looking real fine there. Would love to try both. Berkshire pork would be a first around here.
    18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Roti Rings, Stackers, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland & Al Pastor Cooker

Big Meat Monday! Looks terrific Rich. Glad you got to enjoy your bratwurst so soon. Sides sound great as well.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

TVWBB Emerald Member Dustin Dorsey's Avatar
    Looks fantastic!
    22.5 WSM, 22.5 OTS, Smokey Joe, Genesis 1000, Smokenator 1000, Old Country Pecos, Thermapen, Smoke, Maverick ET-732, Igrill 2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast