One Grill on Amazon vs vintage Weber rotisserie?

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I am dreaming of post tax season and my birthday and have been wishing for a rotisserie. My main interest would be for whole chicken(s) on my Genesis 1000 (13 bar) based Skyline grill. I see vintage Weber 9890 rotisserie’s on eBay for as low as $32 :) with shipping. I also looked at the One Grill sold on Amazon for $85. This after-market one gets really good reviews and apparently can be adapted to a variety of Weber grills - an intriguing option to me.

Anybody have feedback about the pros and cons of these two options?

Jon,
I have the 9890 and really like it. There have been times where I think a regular style grill with skewers would have been better, but if you want it for doing whole chickens, then you cant really beat the 9890.

If I bought a regular style roto, it would probably be the One Grill roto.

I got my 9890 almost brand new on craigslist for $30. I have seen a couple more on there since. Otherwise, Ebay has them from time to time as well, but usually more expensive due to shipping.

T_1fXJjFusA&t=3s

I agree with Bruce, I have the 9890 and a 9891 basket style like in Bruce's video. The only thing I don't like about the basket is how hard it is to clean, I did order a "regular" skewer style rotisserie shaft with forks (9890) and have yet to spin anything on it. It will definitely be easier to clean. So I guess keep in mind how easy / hard it will be to clean the rotisserie in your selection process.

Good luck!

Tim

I agree with Bruce, I have the 9890 and a 9891 basket style like in Bruce's video. The only thing I don't like about the basket is how hard it is to clean, I did order a "regular" skewer style rotisserie shaft with forks (9890) and have yet to spin anything on it. It will definitely be easier to clean. So I guess keep in mind how easy / hard it will be to clean the rotisserie in your selection process.

Good luck!

Tim

Oh, yah, I have the basket style (9891) not the 9890. In that case, if you were looking for the skewer style (9890), I would probably just go with the One Grill version unless I could find a really good deal on a Weber one.

I've got the One Grill one and I like it a lot. Seams really heavy duty compared to the Weber and it's American made.

Back