Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you all think of this one?

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Like Larry said parts for one off grills or any appliance can be impossible to find and/or very expensive.
    We bought an LG gas range from Sears it had all the features we wanted and appeared to be well built. It was something Barb had wanted for a long time.
    After about six months a couple of burner knobs became loose. It was still under warranty so I had Sears come out, the tech said that was unusual for a new range to have that problem he pulled all five knobs off and the two loose ones were broken where it attaches to the valve and the other three were cracked. So he called the parts folks and asked the parts guy if this was a common problem with this range. It was the only problem with that model, hundreds of complaints. Thank goodness it was under warranty the plastic knobs sold for $125 each $625 for five knobs. It happened again about a month after the warranty expired. I found some knobs for a GE that looked the same and had metal shafts instead of plastic for $12 apiece, they were still on the range when we sold the house four years later.

I would make sure any possible part that you think you might need for that Viking is available and what the cost is, I think you may be shocked.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

You gotta be kidding me Rich> a buck and a quarter for a plastic knob.. ​Insane!

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

This is a great example of why the older genesis grills are such great rehab candidates. Parts galore!

Down to $200! Must be pretty desperate (or it is a burnout like Larry described).

Even for free I have concluded it would just be a money drainer to get going and maybe even dangerously problematic for the cooks at my little college.
    Genesis 330-SE Genesis Silver C Q3200 Q1200 Performer 1 green kettle. Projects: Genesis Skyline 4000 one redhead and one maroon Genesis 1000 Summit 650.

Probably a good approach. Maybe in a few more weeks you will see it as a curbside pickup. LOL
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Down again today now just $150!!!!!!!!!!!
    Genesis 330-SE Genesis Silver C Q3200 Q1200 Performer 1 green kettle. Projects: Genesis Skyline 4000 one redhead and one maroon Genesis 1000 Summit 650.

Honestly I would look at it. It's approaching the point where it's worth it just for scrap value

Offer $75, take a $100 counter offer.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12