Reheating 35lbs of smoked corned beef?

Victor

TVWBB Member
Hi, I am smoking 35lbs of corned beef during this week for a church st patty's day fund raiser next Saturday. Since i can not smoke it all the same day, I have to figure out how to properly reheat? Should I stop cooking about 10 degrees before being done at 195? Then I would still have to reheat a lot meat at one time. Which can be done, but should I? Any advice on this would great! Also i am doing the smoked corned beef recipe from cooking topics in the Bullet site. :wsm22:

I would do them till done, cool properly for food safety then vac seal or bag them. You didn't mention what day your doing this but a week in a vac bag in the fridge will be ok.
Day of, just add the bags to simmering water for about 1/2 hour Turn off the heat and cover it. That will hold service temps for awhile.

Tim

I would do them till done, cool properly for food safety then vac seal or bag them. You didn't mention what day your doing this but a week in a vac bag in the fridge will be ok.
Day of, just add the bags to simmering water for about 1/2 hour Turn off the heat and cover it. That will hold service temps for awhile.

Tim
Thank you that's a good idea, we have a food saver vac that works. Are you sure those bags good for boiling water?

I haven't had any luck trying to reheat in boiling water,I would bet 170 or less to keep from unsealing,after ruining some brisket I never tried again,

I agree with my namesake, Timothy has the right idea especially since you have a vacuum sealer.
My sister in law and I used to do a big feast for my churches Patronal Festival, the biggest one was almost 65 pounds of brisket that she spent a week Corning and I spent three days setting up the church kitchen and dining hall before and two more after cleaning. It was a lot of work but, we used to have a great time the day before cooking and prepping the vegetables for “Day of” cooking.
So, the advice is “Cook Cool, Slice, Pack” and day of, reheat in simmering water. Be prepared to not have one scrap left!
We did the feast on the closest Saturday and then I would take the slicing scraps and turn them into Reuben sandwiches for “coffee hour” the following day after Mass. No one took up the offer to learn how to do it when after almost 20 years. Makes me a little sad but, it was a lot of work and expense.

Thank you! Does slicing before you pack help with reheating? I would rather let the church kitchen crew do the slicing.

Thank you that's a good idea, we have a food saver vac that works. Are you sure those bags good for boiling water?

I don't boil, I bring it up to a simmer drop the bag in and return it to a simmer ( About a 1/2 hr ) turn the heat off and put the cover on and let it sit for another 1/2 hr.
I double seal my edges on my vac bags. I buy rolls and do it on both sides.

Another option is a steam table ( that's how the really good Delis do it )
I did a poor man mock up using a Nesco turkey roaster. Added an inch of water and plopped the briskets on the rack. Did a pretty good job on reheating and it only took about an hour.

Tim

Thank you! I will take your advice and double seal the bags. I think I will put a towel in the bottom of the pot to keep bags from intense heat. Today is the "BIG" DAY! Happy ST Pats's day enjoy everybody!

Last edited:
Looking forward to a post feast review!
I’m going old school for a flat and “de Corning” a point which is under smoke. We will only be 7-8 for dinner but, I enjoy the post holiday hash/Reuben delights anyway, almost time for a pint!

Back