Rib o lator

Here's a laugh... I bought one a year ago and have not used it yet. But I would not be without it ��. I don't know why I haven't--I keep intending to--but I honestly don't use a roti often.

I’ve got one, bought it from the inventor. It works OK, but if your racks aren’t balanced, then your food gets dumped..

had one.
to me, it was a gadget, did not really "help" with flavouring like a rotisserie does.
in my opinion, it just gives your food a ride closer to the coals and back...

but then, I like watching golf on television. :rolleyes:

I found mine to be very labor intensified when cleaning and as Mr. Lampe has said " did not help with flavoring like a rotisserie does".

Good luck with your choice.

Bill

I have a RibOLater and we actually used it in competition for a full season to cook ribs in a 22" WSM with the Cajun Bandit rotisserie ring. We earned a handful of 1st Place rib calls in the process too.

While I agree with what has been said already about it being a gadget and somewhat cumbersome to clean, it also cooked the ribs very evenly. We didn't have any issues with the meat falling out as St. Louis cut spares filled the trays and were quite balanced. However, I can see how there could be issues with smaller items like chicken pieces, shrimp, fish fillets, etc. They would require more attention to make sure they are balanced.

We had fun with it!

Back