Chimichurri Marinated Hanger Steaks

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
Local grocery store had a sale on choice CAB Hanger Steaks a while back, so I stocked up.
Was doing a little freezer diving & found a couple of them. Hmmmm.....

Rubbed with K salt, pepper & marinated them in chimichurri overnight and most of the day.

OF3GGJN.jpg

K Lump for fire & a mini-split of mesquite for smoke. Cooked indirect.

fsxbUk3.jpg

While the meat & spuds were doing their thing, made some Brazilian cheese rolls.

mldI6TO.jpg

Seared the hanger steaks when they hit an internal temp of 120*.

2UzoyaB.jpg

Let them rest for 10 minutes.

QgnGg6i.jpg

Carved off a few slices.

JJqK9OH.jpg

Plate.

bLBsLJD.jpg

Some chimichurri dressing.

xmuRLzx.jpg

And the Brazilian cheese rolls. Time To Eat!!!

aQLExHr.jpg

Gotta say the marinated meat with the dressing is the bomb!

Chimichurri dressing: equal parts chimichurri, mayo, sour cream & buttermilk.

Last edited:
Looks spectacular, Robert!!! Beautiful plate, and you know just how I like my steak! :)

Good eats, my man!

R

You killed it Robert. Plate shots are as nice as I've seen. Bet that chimichurry marinade added some delicious flavor.

That look amazing. The cook on those hanger steaks is perfect. I think my butcher is carrying them now. I need to try it. I've never been able to find k-lump in the wild.

That plate of food looks amazing Robert, I bet it had tons of flavor. Thanks for sharing.

Looks great! Mind sharing the recipe? Have a flank we're doing with chimichurri sauce tomorrow, but most recipes I've found don't do it over night. Would love to get a longer marinade on it to get more flavor.

Thanks!
Daum

Looks great! Mind sharing the recipe? Have a flank we're doing with chimichurri sauce tomorrow, but most recipes I've found don't do it over night. Would love to get a longer marinade on it to get more flavor.

Thanks!
Daum

Chimichurri

50/50 mix 1 bunch cilantro & 1 bunch parsley, chopped
8 cloves garlic, minced
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3 TBS lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp red pepper flakes

In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and mix well, but do not puree.
Let sit for at least 4 hours before serving or overnight.

The cook/recipe is the first post in this thread.

Good luck & post cook & pix.

Thanks! Just whipped it together and threw the steak in the marinade. Mistakenly pulled i t a little too much and it's a bit finer than you have but tasted great! Will make a post once it is cooked tonight!

Thanks!
Daum

Back