Expensive gasser on OC craigslist...Weber Summit Platinum.

Summit Platinum 4 'A'. Base model, no side burner, smoker box or Roti.
$600 is a bit much IMO.

The one you see there in CL is pretty much a MEH product. No extras (side burner, rotisserie burner rotisserie kit, smoker burner) if it had all those things I could see the seller asking MAYBE $500 but not for that grill. They cook nicely BTW but are prone (like all Summits) to fire box rust through and not sure if you can get a new one for that grill. Weber abandoned the previous generation (which was arguably a better grill) and I believe they've left the owners of that generation also.
If the fire box is solid and not rusted and the flavorizer bars are solid along with the burners and it has the stainless rod type grates MAYBE $250 or so

In a couple weeks there should be a glut of grills on craigslist. Even if you really like the Summit, patience is your friend. I've been working on patience for a while, it's tough but it works!

I'v never seen one of these, i'm sure one of the gasser guys could enlighten us on this beauty.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/app/d/weber-summit-platinum-bbq/6509790053.html

I agree with the other comments that this not anything exceptional at that price. Biggest issue is that the firebox is NOT all cast aluminum and often has serious rust issues in the front where the burner tubes go in.

If you really want a Summit, I would hold out for something else or make a low offer if this one checks out OK.

Summit Platinum 4 'A'. Base model, no side burner, smoker box or Roti.
$600 is a bit much IMO.

Here's one for sale in my area for just $150:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/426213527/?ref=Search

I have seen the 6 burner ones for as low as $100. As mentioned previously by me and others, these have some really nice features (especially the Platinum version with all stainless frame and cabinet), but they are prone to rust in the firebox. Unlike the Genesis, these Summits have part porcelain plated steel in their firebox and over time it is prone to rust-through.

It has been up for three weeks. If he still has it, offer $50 and take $75 as long as the internals are decent and the frame and cabinet are not rotted out.

Don't know how I missed this one. Depending on what you want, and obviously on the actual condition, this could be a freaking steal. I'd take a look at it. Pull the grates and check out the flavorizer bars. Then pull those as well and check out the condition of the lower grill box. Pay special attention to the front where the burners poke through.

True. it doesn't have the rotisserie burner, neither does my 2004 Genny Gold C and I never bought the add on it. And yeah, it doesn't have a side burner, but I can count on one hand the number of times I used mine. Neither of those issues would be a deal breaker for me.

Back