1978 The Web Bug Zapper

So, it was Weber that invented the web, not Al Gore.

Not to be too picky (OK, I'm going to be too picky), but he was accused of saying he invented the Internet (something he never said), not the web. The Internet and the Web are not the same thing.

And Weber's The Web is probably credited to George Stephen...I can imagine him coming into the office on a Monday morning after a particularly bad weekend of bug-infested backyard grilling, going straight to the Engineering Dept and ordering them to come up with a solution to his problem! Because that's what you do when you're George Stephen!

If anyone ever built one of those that actually kept the bugs away from you and eliminated the bugs they would be rich beyond their wildest dreams.

If anyone ever built one of those that actually kept the bugs away from you and eliminated the bugs they would be rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Where I live in Florida it would be so overworked that it would cause a brown-out:eek:!

I actually have one of these that my dad bought new back then. His neighbor did not like
the noise it makes when the bugs get zapped. It still works great after all this time.
Gotta wonder how many bugs it has zapped........

Back