Fix for Photobucket block

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
NOTE FROM MODERATOR: Lots of negative comments about this plug-in on the Chrome plug-in page. Problems with browser performance, security issues, the guy secretly injects his own Amazon Associate ID into all Amazon links...and you've got to believe that Photobucket will respond in some way to get this taken down. I DON'T RECOMMEND INSTALLATION.

Hey guys, this is something I just found. It is an extension for chrome and firefox that allows you to view photobucket photos that had been blocked by photobucket. I just installed it on chrome and went back to some older posts with photobucket pictures and it works perfectly. The photos miraculously appear just like before photobucket blocked them.

This not only will allow us to view all those older threads with photo bucket images, but should allow those that care to, to go back to using photobucket as their image hosting service.

Great news for some of those older How To's and restore threads. Maybe this should be considered a "STICKY".

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-fix/?src=api&hotlinkfix=1520279291204

Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruce you might want to post that in Just Conversation also as a lot of members are charcoal only and don't come on to Weber gas grills. I'm sure a lot of folks would want to know about it.

Thanks Rich. I was having problems deciding where to post it.
Actually, someone edited my original post cautioning against installing. I imaging it was a moderator.

Last edited:
Yea, seems pb has realized the errors of their ways. I constantly get solicitations for a reduced price membership. I will never ever use them till they return the pics to all the sites before this fiasco. Doubt they will do that so pb can kiss my patutty.

There is a thread here that has several solutions regarding photobucket. Search!!!

Here is a extremely helpful post by Dwain Pannell back in September. I was able to recover all of my PB pictures. If you're going to tackle them all, it is a little labor intensive. I would do three or four of my threads a day and got through them in a couple of weeks. It's a pretty cool way to recover some of your very favorite posts however or recover them "on demand" when you'd like to look at just one cook. No problems so far. Nothing's dissappeared..... yet.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?71902-Photo-Bucket-fix

Here is a extremely helpful post by Dwain Pannell back in September. I was able to recover all of my PB pictures. If you're going to tackle them all, it is a little labor intensive. I would do three or four of my threads a day and got through them in a couple of weeks. It's a pretty cool way to recover some of your very favorite posts however or recover them "on demand" when you'd like to look at just one cook. No problems so far. Nothing's dissappeared..... yet.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?71902-Photo-Bucket-fix

Unfortunately, in my experience the solution of adding ~original at the end of Photobucket URLs works about 25% of the time.

Photobucket is dead to me. :D I had no originals up there, but keep all those copies, just to take up their disk space. :p Passive aggressive? Maybe.

Yah, i haven't been back on photobucket since they went rouge. I have a copy on my computer of every photo I ever posted on PB.

Photobucket is dead to me. :D I had no originals up there, but keep all those copies, just to take up their disk space. :p Passive aggressive? Maybe.

Beautiful Jim, couldn't have said it better myself.

Unfortunately, in my experience the solution of adding ~original at the end of Photobucket URLs works about 25% of the time.

That's odd Chris. I was able to retrieve every one of mine. Some gave me some trouble but it was usually a case of me leaving out a letter or placing the ~original in the wrong section of the URL. I"ve only been around a little over 4 years. Possible something to do with the age of the posts?? Who knows.

Yes, I have all of my originals too. That's great for me but many times I've gone to someone else's thread that I've bookmarked or just remembered and open up only to see the blocked photo message. It was nice to view their pic's for reference possibly relating to a certain set up, a modification to a grill or smoker or to just drool over the great smoke ring or crusty bark. I too won't ever go back to Photobucket, not even if it became free again. I haven't responded to any of their offers and I imagine someday my pic's will all go away again. Until then, it's nice to have them.

Last edited:

Member on a mercedes site that disallows editing by OP after a week. We've found lots of threads there with aborted pics that were fixed. 100% success rate so far. Just sayin' :D

In any case, imgur gets all my "business".

Bruce I just downloaded the chrome extension to try that out. Went to page 51 My 22 year old Redhead and I can view the pictures perfectly. I use Webroot Secure Anywhere for my security software for 4 years never had an infection so not sure security is an issue but we will see I did do a scan after I downloaded the extension came up with nothing.

Chris I kind of get the Amazon link he is getting credit for it I guess but what if we use the Amazon link in the forum does his override yours.

All these older threads which I was wanted to see the photos I think will now work, will over the next few days try to pull up stuff where the photos are blocked.

Brian

Chris I kind of get the Amazon link he is getting credit for it I guess but what if we use the Amazon link in the forum does his override yours.
In addition to looking for and fixing Photobucket links, the extension looks for and changes the Associate ID of Amazon links. It does this for every page on every website you visit, not just this forum.

It's a MAJOR violation of Amazon's associate agreement and only scumbags do stuff like this.

In addition to looking for and fixing Photobucket links, the extension looks for and changes the Associate ID of Amazon links. It does this for every page on every website you visit, not just this forum.

It's a MAJOR violation of Amazon's associate agreement and only scumbags do stuff like this.
I think this information should keep anyone from using the extension.

Last edited:
I'm completely done with Photobucket. I don't trust them at all with what I went through to get my auto pay account closed. You can only contact them through Email and they don't respond at all. I had to get AMEX involved and finally after a month they cancelled my account two days after they took out another years payment for ad free service.
Terrible company!

finally after a month they cancelled my account two days after they took out another years payment for ad free service.
Terrible company!

And that's the same reason I won't deal with Sirius XM. Unless you get a yearly plan, you HAVE to give them a credit card. They offer 5 months for $20 CDN but try to cancel when the 5 are up. Way way too many horror stories about them and their taking cash after you've cancelled. Rated something like 2/10 on one of the better business sites.

Back