multiple smokers - multiple configuraitons

JSiravo

TVWBB Member
So whats the easiest way to change configurations quickly when using different smokers? any help would be appreciated.

I recently asked Bryan about having a config menu to select from saved configs, he said that is problematic but you can save configs on a thumb drive and if plugged in at boot the HM will load that config. So I guess you could have a thumb drive for each config and plug in the appropriate drive to load each config.
I still think the best idea is to add "load config" to the HM menu where you can select config 1-X, then in the HM config menu allow you to save config 1-X. That would be pretty excellent for changing settings, wifi config etc...
I think the problem is the HM doesnt talk to the rPi to convey that sort of information the way you would think...

So whats the easiest way to change configurations quickly when using different smokers? any help would be appreciated.

The way I do it now is by going to the heatermeter main config screen and copying the Full configuration URL at the bottom of the screen. You can save it to a text file and keep it backed up on dropbox or wherever you want.

If you want to switch configs, paste the whole URL into your browser and you'll be up and running. This is what I do when testing new settings or if I want to setup a new heatermeter.

Bryan has made mention that this process will be going away in a later version, but until it's gone, I'll keep using it.

thanks Ralph and Steve.

@Steve did Brian mention if something would be replacing it?

He didn't mention what, if anything would be replacing it. Since it's not even in snapshot code yet, I'm not too concerned about it.

Back