New Cajun Bandit stuff.

Joe in MI

I got the Cajun Bandit door and water pan (expensive 20qt mixing bowl) for my WSM. Does anyone else have any experience with these?

I have their doors on my 18 and 22; I do not have their water pans. For me, their doors provide no better seal than the stock doors but one of my stock doors seemed as though the handle/lock mechanism was about to come "unglued," so in that regard I feel the CB lock is more robust.

Not with the water pan but I do with the doors. Love them. Have them on My 22, 18 and both my 14’s. Doors are great. What size WSM do you have? They make an expanded coal ring for the 18 and 22 which I really like. Helps with capacity for longer cooks and the charcoal grate sits inside the coal ring which makes it easy to shake the dust and save the unused charcoal.

My original door was worn out. The cheap plastic latch had come apart. This door and latch are MUCH heavier.

I just had my first experience with my new cajun bandit door for my 22.5. I was very impressed! There were no leaks from the CB door. I never could get the stock door to stop leaking smoke. I agree with the posts above, the latch is heavier duty too.

I am looking at the hinge kit next. And maybe some wheels

I've got the door and added the southco latch later. I don't use water in the pan that often, but I occasionally I do. How much more capacity is the cajun bandit pan?

Back