Wanted: Weber grill in blue

John Neuser

TVWBB Fan
A few years ago, Weber made the classic 22" kettle in blue. OBVIOUSLY, it was not a big hit. As my outside area is mostly decorated with large blue pots containing flowers, I think a nice blue Weber kettle would be a welcome addition to my patio. I live in southwestern Connecticut. Any thoughts or clues would be appreciated. Thank you.

You can get a blue Performer from Crate & Barrel. I love my Performer, I got the copper to match our patio furniture.

I have basic black 22” and a crimson 18” they go with the myriad accumulation of tables, chairs, coolers, plants, planters but, most importantly they both go with anything I decide to grill! Of course the smokers and smaller grills match too!

You can get a blue Performer from Crate & Barrel. I love my Performer, I got the copper to match our patio furniture.

Thanks Pat. I'm really interested in the "Weber Original Kettle 22 In. Premium Charcoal Grill". Call me picky, it's OK. My wife does. The Performer is a little more grill than I want. I constantly monitor CL in my regional area. Hopefully, patience will prevail.

John, get the performer, you will never look back! It’s money well spent, I’m using my “Pre performer”, after many years use, it still serves me very, very well. I did some modification to be sure but, the basic design is still excellent from a design standpoint. You will never regret getting the slightly more expensive model.
The table alone is worth it!

Too bad this one is so far from you...I would love to buy it myself, but time is lacking (tax season) and grill funds are all exhausted. This looks like a great price to me. These first generation Performers had a real stainless table. With a few parts, elbow grease and some paint this could be a REALLY NICE grill:

https://offerup.com/item/detail/422438304/?ref=Search

vio0uc.jpg

Jon

John, it’s not fair, none of those ever show up around here! Forty bucks!?

It is pretty amazing. I will admit that after posting I couldn't resist reaching out to the seller to see if he would meet me somewhere half-way on location. He replied that he was "offshore" tomorrow, so I will have to see what happens. It is pretty hard to resist, but apparently others have because he has had it listed for a couple weeks or more and dropped the price from 50 to 40!

John be patient and you will find a blue weber bbq. it took me years to find this blue SS Weber Performer, to go along with his friends.

As others said, go with a gas assist Weber Performer, you will not regret it.

Happy hunting.

Well, with the help of a Weber Kettle Club member I was able to finally get the blue Generation 1 Performer. (Like you said, “$40 bucks!” It was too good a deal to pass up:rolleyes:)

It is a little rougher than the picture lets on as it looks like there was at least one thermonuclear event under the hood:eek:, but still within bounds to fix up and make into a great cooker. I like these first generation Performers, particularly the stainless table but also the strong frame design. Similar to the classic Genesis grills.

I hope to have some good pictures when I get it looking nice.

Last edited:
John be patient and you will find a blue weber bbq. it took me years to find this blue SS Weber Performer, to go along with his friends.

As others said, go with a gas assist Weber Performer, you will not regret it.

Happy hunting.

Jeff,

That is an totally cool set of Performers. If a red one comes along, are you going to be able to resist:D?

Jon

Back