move over sous-vide, here's Suvie!

Food without a little effort is merely nutrition, might as well be a food suppository with a paper wrapper so it’s just insert and release.
Sorry, that might be a bit graphic.
Another example of a labour saving device designed for people to work longer hours and be “more productive”! Well. There’s my “Old Man rant” on this one.
Oh, and buddy... never mind, no culinary content in that comment.
It was another eyebrow thing.

Not for me, but a pretty cool idea. Made even better that they are building some revenue sustainment into their model with the meals. The fact that they have Ruhlman on board, advising and developing recipes just adds more credibility. I suspect they will do very, very well.

Combined with their home ingredient delivery service it might be the "food suppository" suggested above, but, regardless of the cooking method, there's still going to be prep if you're buying your ingredients locally. Conceptually this is not all that different from the all-in-one meals you can make in the Instant Pot. With many dishes I'd imagine you'd still have to do a bit of manual labor toward the end, browning things in a fry pan, preparing a sauce, stuff like that. This would just do most of the boring waiting-for-it-to-heat-through part of cooking.

I was a little surprised at the price. Given what it seems it can do, $600 seems fairly cheap. I mean, an Italian ice cream maker I've had my eye on for a long time costs more than that and all it does is refrigerate and churn.

Not for me, but a pretty cool idea. Made even better that they are building some revenue sustainment into their model with the meals. The fact that they have Ruhlman on board, advising and developing recipes just adds more credibility. I suspect they will do very, very well.

I concur. Blue Ribbon has been offering "cook at home" products for awhile. I don't use it but my Son does.
This seems like a high tech crock pot to me. Amazing to think what the future holds.:)

Tim

Food without a little effort is merely nutrition, might as well be a food suppository with a paper wrapper so it’s just insert and release.
Sorry, that might be a bit graphic.
Another example of a labour saving device designed for people to work longer hours and be “more productive”! Well. There’s my “Old Man rant” on this one.
Oh, and buddy... never mind, no culinary content in that comment.
It was another eyebrow thing.

Some times it takes graphic to get the point across.

Back