Hello from Rochester, NY!

Mike_S

TVWBB Member
Hello everyone!
My name is Mike and I am from Rochester, NY. I grew up smoking meat with my dad despite having no idea what we were really doing. What started as a little hobby with my dad became a passion for me, and I can't get enough. Although I don't do as much smoking as I'd like, I pretty much live on forums, podcasts, and Youtube videos. Right now, I have a Weber Genesis Silver (hand me down from my dad) and a Weber Q1200.

I have lived on my own for a year now since college (still in my twenties) and I am debating buying a WSM (22in). It's not if, it's when. I currently live in a duplex with my girlfriend, so we share a back yard with another couple. I have a place where I could set up for a cook without infringing on my neighbor's side of the house. The only problem is that I would have to lug it in/out of the garage for cooks, and I saw a 22in weighs ~50 pounds (I can't leave it outside 24/7 because the neighbors have dog that pee on everything). I openly welcome any advice from you all.

Thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike, It's not like you'll have to move the whole unit at once. It breaks down to three manageable pieces to move. I keep my 22.5 I've had since 2009 stored in my tool shed and it's still looks new because it's not exposed to the elements.

Hi Mike, It's not like you'll have to move the whole unit at once. It breaks down to three manageable pieces to move. I keep my 22.5 I've had since 2009 stored in my tool shed and it's still looks new because it's not exposed to the elements.

Hey Tim, I think you just convinced me to go through with it!

Back